Passed my defense!!!!

iVillage Member
Passed my defense!!!!
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 9:59am

I *finally* have an update For those of you who have been following the progress (or lack thereof) of my Master's thesis. Yesterday, I went before my committee to undertake my defense (that's of the thesis) and my *gasp* oral examination (that's on world literature through the ages).

I passed both, despite the car accident that I got into on my way to the defense. I am okay; my poor truck is damaged. And my poor committee members are recovering from the trauma of being told I'll be late because I've been in an accident.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me through this crazy journey (you know who you are ;) I'm so relieved that it is finally over.

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 11:21am

Congratulations on your successful defense and oral exam! I've seen you bopping on and off the Internet when I'm sitting at the computer.

How horrid about your accident! What happened to your poor truck? Was anyone else involved? Is everyone OK? You can see how much your committee thinks of you since they were all traumatized by your accident. So many people are relieved that you were not hurt - including me, of course.

Speaking of not being alone, I'm sure I'm not the only one who always knew you'd be fine with your thesis. One of these days you'll trust us. ;-)

Does this mean you can try to catch up on your sleep and all the other things you've ignored to make room for your thesis?

Write on, woman. You rock!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 6:15pm

Thanks Judy!

The truck has front end damage, but the guy at the body shop tells me it is repairable. Needs a bumper, grille, the hood is damaged, new lights, a new ball joint because she hit my wheel and the front corner panel needs to be repaired. So far, the other driver's insurance is handling the claim. But if they try to stick me with after-market parts, they are going to have a fight on their hands ;)

No rest just yet -- I have a 10 page paper due Tuesday. But writing it will be a breeze compared to what I've just completed. I'm so thrilled to be *nearly* finished with all of my requirements!!!

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 10:25pm
Hi! I'm Sher and new here but wanted to jump in and say congratulations on defending. That is such a milestone and hope you get all the loose ends tied up soon. Bummer on the accident but glad you are okay. hope the repairs go well.

Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos