Software bugs
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 6:44am
The site is back to some of its bugs.

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
In reply to: linda_adams
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 9:03am
I haven't had an issue with the site logging me out arbitarily, but I have been getting an odd pop-up (something about aborting session) on occasion when I move from page to page. Not sure if it's at all related, or who's end it's on though.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 2:58pm

Thought it was just me, Linda. You know my luck with technology.

I've been thinking about asking why I'm logged out every time I turn off my computer. Thought it might be an internal security issue. Now that we know I'm not the only one, I'll report this annoying development.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 4:14pm

I've seen worse problems reported, Ada, but any problem can be annoying.

I've sent this thread to Brenda, our Community Moderator, to see what light she can shed on our problems.

It might be time for spring cleaning on your computer. Furry Murray did mine a few weeks ago after he improved the performance of what he thought was

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 5:31pm

Hi all! Let me see if I can shed some light on the logging out problem. ;-)

Basically, there are two sign-in areas. The one on the top left of the pages (next to where it says "Hello Yourmembername") that signs you into iVillage in general; most people who are only accessing tools and other "member" areas besides message boards use this one. And then the one on the right of the message board headers... next to the "Your Profile", "Favorite Boards", etc. This one is the actual message board sign in and I found it works best for my purposes. ;-)

If you've signed in via the "log in" on the message boards

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 5:51pm

Hi there! I havent' seen any reports of that particular problem, but if it keep on happening to you, let me know and I'll report it to our tech department. ;-)

It would also be a huge help if you could provide the following information; having details ahead of time often aids in getting issues resolved faster, since our tech department doesn't have to wait for details. You can either post the info here, send it to me via my profile email or one of the email addys in my siggy. ;-)

Info need:

• Browser and Version (i.e., Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 4.0, Firefox, AOL 7.0)
• Operating System (i.e., Windows 2000, Windows XP, Mac OS 9)
• Time and Date the error occurred or began
• Where the error occurred (URL)
• Error message or action you received, if any.
• What you were trying to do when you encountered the problem. (i.e., posting a message, loading a board, opening outline view) Please include the server information. (Right click on the message board, then view source.)

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 6:38pm
I've been logging in via the place at the top of the site and ticking "Remember Me."

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 9:26am

Judy,

To stay logged in, I have to go to the "Log in" further down on the page, and then tick the remember me in the new window.

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 2:15pm

It worked for me too, Linda. Logged in Friday and have stayed that way ever since.

Guess we just needed the map. ;-)

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 2:54pm

Thank you, Brenda!!!

Once you showed me the proper (and permanent) log in everything has been just ducky - except for my computer time.

Hope your holiday was wonderful!

JudyB

JudyB