critique circle warning

iVillage Member
critique circle warning
Sun, 06-07-2009 - 5:08am

If you join up with this group, www.critiquecircle.com, keep in mind the following things as a reminder, (1) they don't activate your premium gold membership right away. It took three tries for mine to get activated and the administrator didn't take too kindly to my firm email asking him or her to activate it. I was told that they had a busy life and couldn't get to it. (this after 1 week)

(2)

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-07-2009 - 11:06am

It's pretty normal for places to impose limits on word counts or have unofficial word count recommendations.

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-07-2009 - 3:34pm
I'm not talking about word counts. I'm talking about being heard.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 12:08am
I think I may have missed something. What exactly is a "premium gold membership"? Do you pay for that service? If so, that would be my first concern. Linda, has, as always, given you spot-on advice regarding word counts, procedures, and crit protocols that are common for many sites. I do hope you get things worked out with your chosen crit group. Perhaps you

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 1:09pm

Your link brought me into a site that made me doubt my mind. Was it really that hard to pluck any actual facts from the FAQ? How can you find out about premium and premium plus membership without joining? What are credits good for?

To be fair, I didn't spend hours investigating but, to use up to the minute parlance, membership sights should be transparent regarding their rules. Doublespeak doesn't foster trust and comfort.

As far as the social aspect of this site, it's not uncommon - especially among groups put together by friends to find more friends with similar interests. Sometimes the friendship overpowers the interests. (I've seen it happen before more than once.)

If the site fills your needs, stick with it. If not, you may want to find another critique site.

JudyB

JudyB