Looking for old friends...

iVillage Member
Looking for old friends...
Mon, 06-29-2009 - 5:26am

Used to be on this board years ago. I think my name was cleoauthor.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-29-2009 - 12:47pm

Welcome back, Cleo!

What have you been up to? It's been quite a while. Quite a while if any of my memory still works.

Sadly, I think the old crew of gentle writers is gone. The good news, though, is that several have gone on to successful publishing careers.

Just in case you missed the June Roll Call, I asked what you'd like to see us do on The Writing Life. (Yes, that means you too, Cleo.)

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-29-2009 - 3:25pm

Judy, Judy, Judy!

It's so good to see a familiar e-face!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-30-2009 - 2:35pm

Wow, Cleo! Teaching and

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-30-2009 - 4:48pm

Judy:

I used to work as a CL on the writing boards with Jessica.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 2:34pm

Ah, back in the days when Linda and Michelle were very popular names among iVillage writers. ;-)

Now I'm jealous. You actually got to see Jessica! Glad you enjoyed her seminar.

Furry Murray is in love with Vancouver and has talked about retiring there (when retirement was still an option). There's an entire country between us so it might take a while. With enough vacation, though, we might just bring the dogs to the Great Northwest.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 3:29pm

When you and the pooches head for the Northwest, think about Corvallis and the Oregon Coast, which is spectacularly beautiful.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-03-2009 - 9:32am

I hear there are some fantastic vineyards in your neck of the woods. Cold weather makes the grapes sweeter. (Watched a "Thirsty Traveler" episode on ice wine once. Can't remember much. It was 3 A.M. and I was nodding.)

What's the best time of year to visit? FM gets four weeks vacation next year and - unless a lot of things improve - I probably still won't have a job.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-03-2009 - 10:09am

Fall is my very favorite season, followed closely by Spring.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-03-2009 - 11:00am

You can never go on too long about something you love, Linda.

Let's see . . . if we go in October, we can take the northern route. Long Island for my daughter's birthday, Chicago just 'cause I miss it, Strawberry Point, Iowa, just because. Can't miss South Dakota and Wyoming. Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, the Black Hills, Cody, Yellowstone. Can't forget Wall Drug Store! ;-)

Of course, we'll have to go south for our return. A stop or two in Arizona - notice I'm ignoring California? Another stop or two in New Mexico. Texas goes on forever, doesn't it? Gotta spend at least three meals in New Orleans. Then there will be the rush home to make it back by Christmas.

Yeah, that trip will take more than four weeks!

Maybe October isn't the month. If we went straight (almost) to Oregon, we could spend at least two weeks exploring the territory. Still, FM would want to stop in Boulder, Colorado. We'd both still want to stop in NOLA.

See why we never go anywhere?

JudyB

JudyB