Hope I'm not intruding

iVillage Member
Hope I'm not intruding
Wed, 07-29-2009 - 9:29pm
Hello, ladies.

PixiePrincess

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 12:45pm

Welcome to The Writing Life, pixieprincess73!

To take your present circumstance out of the writing life, let's suppose you've got a couple of days off work (paid, of course), the kids are being well taken care of (by someone else), the dogs are at the doggie spa, and some generous soul has given you a two-day pass to an amusement park. Your pass pays for everything including food and souvenirs. All you have to

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 3:39pm

Welcome to TWL pixieprincess73 and you are certainly not intruding! Around here, we generally thrive on new voices and perspectives. Glad to have you aboard. As for your questions -- you are in excellent hands with Judy's advice. Although I have never been to "writing school" as such, I have had a great deal of experience taking various types of writing classes at the university level. If you have a good university or community college in your area, you may find it worth your while to inquire as to what they offer in terms of writing classes. You do not necessarily need to be seeking a degree to take such classes. You can find everything from 'Creative Writing 101' to 'Marketing and Publishing' type classes.

I haven't seen "Miss Potter" but movies and even some books

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 5:20pm
Thanks for adding almost everything I forgot, Tori. I was being hounded by my hounds while writing my post. (I miss Bruce so much. He respected writing and was such a help. No dog will ever be the same.)

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 6:30pm
Thanks for the advice.

PixiePrincess

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-01-2009 - 7:04am

Has anyone here ever been to a writing school (such as Long Ridge Writer's Group)?

------

Writing Blog |