National Day of Writing

iVillage Member
National Day of Writing
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 3:13pm

Hi all,

One of my esteemed colleagues passed the information below

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-31-2009 - 5:47pm

Wow! The United States of America might actually name a day to celebrate writing.

My brother was born on October 20. He always said his birthday was October 11. (Any of you who know my brother will understand why I'll give him the 11th and keep the 20th for writers.)

I'll revisit your post when the dogs and I are alone to take action. Think they can get away with voicing their opinions?

The National Gallery of Writing reminds me of the poetry project of Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky. (Ooh, I loved that man!) As a government of the people, for the people, and by the people; our voices should be heard.

Thanks for polarizing me, Tori!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 9:06pm

Hehe! If I've polarized you JB, then you are the first. This does seem a worthy cause though. I'm certainly interested enough to follow the progress of this bit of legislation. Wouldn't it be fabulous to give the art and craft of writing a day of recognition?! Lovely!

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue