Twitter Chokes Facebook

iVillage Member
Twitter Chokes Facebook
Thu, 08-06-2009 - 3:01pm

If you Tweet, you may have noticed a profound silence starting around 9:30 ET this morning. Twitter came under attack of a DDoS (distributed denial of service) and Tweets, or Twits if they fall outside your scope of best friends, jumped onto Facebook to find out what was happening. This, of course, caused slowdowns on Facebook. (Wonder where the other Twits went to get their news. LOL!)

If your local K-Mart closed, would you ask the greeter at Walmart what happened? No. Wonder if this also applies to social networking.

This has nothing to do with the board outage at iVillage yesterday. I know this to be true because I asked the cashier at the gas station. ;-)

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-06-2009 - 6:18pm

I love Twitter... but I am more of a "follower" and less of a Tweeter. I actually thought there was something wrong with my cell phone this morning when updates stopped coming through from the newswire tweets I follow. When CNN and NPR aren't updating by the minute it is akin to a cosmic shift in the tweet-o-sphere (or twitt-o-sphere?). I opened Tweed only to find

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue