Sad loss of a wonderful screenwriter

iVillage Member
Sad loss of a wonderful screenwriter
Thu, 08-06-2009 - 6:04pm

Rest in peace John Hughes and thank you for bringing us so many wonderful films and entertaining

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-06-2009 - 6:34pm

I was just coming in to report the same thing, Tori. (Real journalists don't have to put up with Furry Murray. I told him the news but left out "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" or I'd still not be here.)

Every time a new John Hughes movie came out before my daughter went off to college, I would take her to see it - usually more than once. She would give movie tours before the films started. "My friend Mary's house is in the opening scene," she said before Breakfast Club. After the credits, I would counter with "My mother went to the high school used in the front of the school scenes." That was across the street from Mary's house. She would also give "boyfriend tours" through Northbrook, Glenview, Highland Park, and other of John Hughes's favorite haunts.

I still watch his movies whenever they come on TV. Maybe next time, I'll cry a little.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-07-2009 - 11:42am

Correction: My mother didn't go to Main North. She went to Main East, the same school as Harrison Ford (I think). Mom attended high school many years before Ford was born.

While scrolling through tributes and tirades for John Hughes this morning I came across a

JudyB