Do you have a writing schedule?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 4:07am

• Yes, and its detailed down to the hour
  • Yes, but its vague (as in after dinner or in the morning)
  • Kind of, I know what days I'm going to write, but not much more
  • No, I can never follow a schedule
  • No, I write towards a word count, regardless of time
  • No, I wait for inspiration
  • Other

You will be able to change your vote.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 4:11am

I know that writing on a schedule is the most effective way of getting work done.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 12:51pm

I used to write mostly at night. Every once in a while I'd run away from home on weekends when the sun was shining to take a break from the real world by writing but my most productive writing was done at home after the sun went down.

All that changed after I met Furry Murray. It's changed even more since he's down to one office job and I'm down to none. Evenings are spent together now - and FM likes to talk. In fact he loves to talk. So now I'm glad my days are "free." A little housework, a little TV, a little 'puter time, a lot of dog time, and some snippets of writing tucked in. About the only time FM "allows" me writing time when he's home is when I've invented a recipe and need time to write it down before it disappears.

So far it's working only as long as I remember to write. Monday usually starts well. The rest of the week seems to depend on the "honey-do" list. As long as honey is requested to cook something special, it works great. ;-)

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 3:02am

"So far it's working only as long as I remember to write."

This is TOTALLY me.

Photobucket