iVillage Member
Mid-week Check In
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 11:54pm

How has your writing week gone?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: reccap
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 2:15pm

Sounds as if you're moving along nicely, Rebecca.

Know what you're saying about reading in small spurts. I've read the same few sentences half a dozen times that way. ;-)

Wonder why reading and writing work so differently. We're using the same brain to do both. Maybe it's the difference between trying to remember what someone else wrote and creating what we're writing. If you figure it out, please let me know.

Meanwhile, keep up the great work!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 2:40pm

Ooops! Almost forgot to check in!

Added two recipes to the cookbook and started a third. I might not get to ten this week - but then again, I might. (I wrote Garbage Soup #1 this week. Garbage Soup #2 and #3 should be a snap. Maybe next comes Tuna Casserole with no noodles . . . .)

I really should get some of these recipes out to my test kitchens. Four or five gentle writers from The Writing Life have volunteered to try them out. I forgot to add my daughter to the test kitchens even though she hasn't agreed. I love to cook with my daughter, SIL, and grandson. They have an extra assignment. Not only do they have to make the recipe and critique it. They must tell me who made it! All three of them cook. My five-year-old grandson is probably getting close to making oven-fried chicken as we speak - all by himself.

I love this motivation!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 4:53pm
Sounds like you are making great progress!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 7:36pm

MAGIC STUD - I'm up from 269 to 274, though I'm hitting some roadblocks in the ending arc.

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 2:50am

Way to go!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 11:26am

Well, I'm afraid Tuesday was my big day. Didn't write at all yesterday. Taking the garbage, yard waste, and recyclable bins to the curb did me in. I couldn't sit and needed a cane to walk. I hate it when that happens.

Gravy! I need to write some gravy! Now I just need to find where I can tuck it in the manuscript. Maybe it will fit in the chapter with the Garbage Soup. I'll make gravy from garbage!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 1:15pm

You seem to be making great progress, Linda.

Great progress is relative, though. Some writers may give you a hard time about five pages. Pay them no heed. Do they work on multiple projects simultaneously? Are their plots and characters as

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 9:58pm

The outline workshop is located here.

------

Writing Blog |