iVillage Member
Its Wednesday! How's the writing going?
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 2:31am

Hello everyone!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 10:04am

Congratulations on your new house!!!

Sounds as if you're having a productive week - writing-wise and reading-wise. From the time on your post, it looks like one of the ladies in your home was taking some time for herself. Was it you or was it Lily?

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 10:15am
That's awesome Rebecca! Congratulations on the new house!!!

~Tori

A Writer on the verge. A Writer on the brink. A Writer weary to the point she can hardly think! Her manuscripts are dog-eared, her pens are out of ink, computer's gone on strike and the printer's on the blink. But nothing will prevent her from writing through the night, glad for all she must endure to live the writing life.

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 10:32am

Forgot to post my progress again! That's two weeks in a row! My mind must be somewhere else these days.

Monday I finished that half recipe from last week. It was so easy! Now I'm embarrassed I stopped so soon. Starting with something easy helped, though. Finished three more recipes Monday!

The Muse must have gone out to lunch yesterday. I didn't write a single recipe. What I did accomplish, however, was adding to the recipe list. Now there are more targets to aim at for the book. ;-) It's getting pretty obvious that, though I love sweets, I'm not a dessert person. Need some more ideas for my sweet tooth.

Think I'll clean out the slow cooker and try to salvage those tough ribs FM did on the grill two weeks ago. They've been hiding out in the chest freezer because they taste too good to put in a landfill.

Maybe the aroma of dinner cooking for hours will inspire me . . . .

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 8:46pm
It was definitely me.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 12:52pm

I feel like the Little Engine That Could, slowly pulling out of the station. Although I finished the rough draft of my novel with great (personal) fanfare in June, it since been stewing away on my laptop with only very occasionally stirs on my part. Finally on Monday I finished revising the first chapter and I'm just starting off on the second chapter now. I know that rough drafts are notoriously bad. And I know that editing/rewriting usually takes longer than the simple spilling of words on a page. But my goodness is this hard work! I have 26 chapters, currently, in the novel. If I spend a week on each chapter, I'll be through with the rewrites in half a year. It'd be awful nice to step up the pace a bit though.

Productivity took a dive over the last two days, since the boyfriend had them off. Small game season opened last Saturday, so we've been winding our way through the woods on gravel roads, searching for ruffed grouse. Considering the many hours he volunteered for my blueberry picking excursions earlier in the summer, I figure it's my turn to be the patient one. However, berry season isn't nearly as long as small game season (which goes until January 1st!) and in a couple weeks time, I may desert him for my laptop.

Congratulations on the new house Rebecca! And thank you so much for all the support and encouragement!

Ada

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 2:54pm

Dear Lily,

I remember when my daughter was younger than you are. I never went to sleep until 3 A.M. or later. My daughter wasn't a preemie like you but she was still very special. I used to spend hours just watching her sleep.

You are a very special little girl and your mommy had more reasons to watch you while you sleep. You needed her very, very much when you first came home. Now that you are older, you still need her. My daughter would tell you - even now that she's grown up and has a young son of her own -

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 3:30pm

LOL, Ada! I love the comparison to The Little Engine That Could! I

JudyB