Cemeteries and Storytelllers

iVillage Member
Cemeteries and Storytelllers
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 3:00pm

We'll be headed out this afternoon to an ancient (or at least really old)

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 5:03pm
Season yes, holiday no.

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 2:01pm

That sounds like wicked good fun Tori! I hope you had a lovely time of it and found all sorts of ghoulish inspiration. I think a Halloween story would be great fun to write. Our weather has taken a drastic turn for the autumnal with drizzly, windy days and it has me digging for the Halloween decorations and mulling over jack-o-lanterns and spooky things.

I did write a Thanksgiving-ish story when I was in high school. It was a "fluffy puppy" sort of story (Judy B's term, not mine) and nothing that needs to get dredged up from the archives when I get that big publishing contract. ;) However, like Linda said, the seasons usually do play into my stories. Lent and the Easter holiday are faint undercurrents in my WIP.

You'll have to let us know if you pen a Halloween story this year.

Ada

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 3:52pm

How was the carriage ride, Tori? Wish I could have been there with you.

A few years ago, around this time of year, I used to write sort of spooky stories. (It was a lot more rewarding than getting another kidney infection - another thing I did for a few years in September or October.) I entered a couple in writing contests. Was chosen an honorable mention (a/k/a

JudyB

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 4:09pm
"Fluffy puppy" is my term? I've got to start remembering these gems!

JudyB

JudyB