Who is the Potter?

iVillage Member
Who is the Potter?
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 4:11pm
Who's the Potter?

Jeremiah 18:6

O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Were all familiar with the song, "You are the Potter. I am the clay.” The words to this song are so true. We are exactly that, clay. Clay is a distinct material, when dry, clay becomes firm and when fired in a kiln, permanent physical and chemical reactions occur. Well, enough about clay, how about the potter. Who is the potter in your life? If in the hands of the right Potter, Jesus Christ, we can be molded into something beautiful and almost flawless. On the contrary, if we allow the world to be our potter, well we could be full of imperfections and possibly be nothing but a ball of dried up clay. No matter who the potter is in your life one thing will always remain true, you are clay and you will harden. If your not careful, we will allow the world to mold us into something that God intended us not to be. If you allow God to take you in His hands and mold you and shape you, your life will never be the same.

Pick your pain, the pain of change or the pain of remaining the same.

Visit and follow my blog at: ww

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 12:16pm

Welcome to The Writing Life, Jeremy!

I'm sure some of us would like to get to know you better. You've filled in your profile quite completely. But you know as well as anybody a profile doesn't tell us everything about who you really are.

Right now the thing I'm most curious about is when the next best day of your life will be - the day you get to hold your daughter.

We've got some time before that happens. If you have any questions about writing, feel free to ask.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 3:22pm

Well it will definitely be the next best day Judy. I can hardly wait for July 10th to come, I feel like a little child on Christmas morning.

I'm just an ordinary guy, nothing too exciting about me. I've got a wonderful family. My wife Melissa has been my best friend since the eighth grade and I couldn't ask for a better wife.

I really enjoy reading and writing, something that not lot of people in my workplace understand. I always used to turn to writing as a type of venting technique. Whether something bothered me or it was just something positive in my life, I would always put it on paper. I really enjoy reading any type of material that are uplifting and influential.

Pick your pain, the pain of change or the pain of remaining the same.

Visit and follow my blog at: ww