If I hear this one more time ....

iVillage Member
If I hear this one more time ....
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 4:37pm

If I hear another rant along the lines of "If you don't want to get pregnant, don't spread your legs!" I think my head is going to spin.

As far as teen pregnancy, I think it's actually good advice.

Powered by

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 4:43pm

ITA!

Not to mention that there are PLENTY of way to get pregnant even if your legs aren't spread. *snicker*

Photobucket

melissajune21.jpg picture by ambersspace

&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 4:47pm

LMBO!

I guess that is what happens when only abstinence is taught.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~Albert Einstein
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 7:59pm

I really hate "keep your knees together" OMG! I'm 50 years old I don't need some child of 19 telling me what I can/can't do in the privacy of my bedroom! I've taken the best steps to make sure I will not become pregnant again (tubal with partial hysterectomy)so unless he's the next coming of Christ it's not going to happen. Or if some how I knock him up!

And the other thing that could be ground for my dh to divorce me (not that he would)I've been thru one nasty divorce and I have a MIL who makes the Wicked Witch of the West look like a good fairy (she would enjoy just cleaning my clock let me tell you)

~Sam <----don't make me get my flying monkeys!

Edited 10/22/2008 8:12 pm ET by busdriversam
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 8:25am
I think it's a really poorly thought out throw a way phrase. Like if you don't want to get hit never drive a car or some such silliness. Blanket statements make me roll my eyes and wonder why the person can't think for themselves but have to borrow something they've heard elsewhere.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingbisnaktualkidsPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 8:31am
I would not say the statement is said by a person who is not thinking for themselves.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 9:21am
Besides the fact that it's already been pointed out that witholding sex is grounds for divorce in most states, what about the women who don't get pregnant due to sex? That argument is highly effective in the cases of rape and IVF, right?

pregnancy Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Phot
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 9:39am

But it's not well thought out, you aren't thinking. You're indiscriminately spouting rubbish and passing judgment on those who take precautions but still want to enjoy a healthy sex life. You're using a statement that has already been proven to not be practical. How many more times do you need to hear withholding sex is grounds for divorce???

And as a PP pointed out spread legs is not always necessary for intercourse to happen so therefore just not spreading legs will not stop conception.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingbisnaktualkidsPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 10:46am

>>You dont NEED sex. You CAN live without it.<<

yeah but no one can live near me!

Photobucket
Follow me to the Unplanned Pregnancy board!Follow me to Hot Debates!Follow me to Abortion Debate!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 11:16am

<< I have uttered the statement before and it's not because I heard it somewhere else. It is just common sense in my eyes. You dont want to get pregnant, dont have sex. You dont NEED sex. You CAN live without it.>>

OK then.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one. You don't HAVE to have an abortion. You CAN continue the pregnancy. No one is FORCING their choice on YOU.

See- all neat and tidy- no need to argue anymore. You get to concern yourself with your womb, me with mine and every woman with her own. We don't NEED other peoples' noses in our junk.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 11:54am

It is just common sense in my eyes.