Power of the Praying Woman-Day 1

iVillage Member
Power of the Praying Woman-Day 1
Sun, 05-02-2004 - 8:26pm

From chapter 1-The Power

I have come to know that God can smooth path, calm the storms, keep me and all I care about safe, and even make my way simple when I ask Him to carry the complexities of life for me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2004 - 10:59am
1. Do you feel you are growing mentally? spriitually? Emotionally? Explain in as much detail as you like.

Yes, I feel I've grown mentally because I read alot and watch the news. I'm naturally curious about alot of subjects. Which leads to the next area - spirituality. I've read articles by clergymen that we can read & study all we want to find logical explanations for things thru history, science, etc., but that does not bring us closer to God. I think this book will be a big help to me in that area. I know I don't have a very close relationship to God and I want one! I know King David made lots of mistakes, but I would like a relationship with God along the same lines as he had back then. I know that David prayed and praised God constantly. He had a daily relationship with God.

I hope I have grown emotionally - although my temper needs to be curbed at times. I need to grow in that area, also.

2. In what ways would you like to see yourself grow? Spiritually and emotionally. I want my relationship with God to be the center of my life.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2004 - 2:55pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2004 - 9:15pm
1. Do you feel you are growing mentally? spriitually? Emotionally? Explain in as much detail as you like.

I definitely feel like I'm growing in all three ways. Mentally...instead of just being a worrier...I now KNOW that I'm a worrier and I'm trying to do something about it! lol. Spiritually...in a HUGE way. Everywhere I look/read/listen I hear the term, "pray continously/continually". I've been trying. Emotionally...absolutely. I used to be so selfish and completely unconcerned about other people's feelings.

2. In what ways would you like to see yourself grow?

I want my intimacy with God to grow continuously and continually.

Sassy

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2004 - 11:56pm

~~Rhonda~~

<