++Power of the Praying Woman-Day 2++

iVillage Member
++Power of the Praying Woman-Day 2++
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 6:30am

author-He wants you to put all your hopes and dreams in His hands and look to Him to meet all of your needs.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 7:19am
1. What are the greatest longings of your heart? Do you believe it's God's will for you to have those desires met?

I don't mind posting my greatest longings. My single greatest longing is to be the woman God created me to be, wants me to be, will help me to be. To be a woman of wisdom, faith, contentment. If I were that woman, the remaining longings would fall into place...to have a marriage that other couples look at and say, "that is the kind of marriage I want". I long for my children to walk with Jesus all the days of their lives. I long to be a woman of influence to friends and family and strangers alike. It is definitely God's will for these things. In fact, he commands them.

2. Do you find it hard to pray for yourself than you do for others? Explain why or why not?

I rarely prayed for myself. When I did, it would be with immense guilt! Even though I wasn't asking for material things...Lord, give me a new car, a new couch, etc., I did have the misconception that it was selfish to ask for my own safety, the safety of my children, etc. Just goes to show how sneaky the dark one can be! Now I know that God longs to hear all of our prayers, all of our thoughts. Even though He knows them already, He wants us to submit to Him and bring them all to Him. I love that. I can go to Him in anger, praise, fear, sadness, joy, remorse, anything and everything! He is the Blessed Controller and Comforter.

Sassy

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 1:03pm
1. What are the greatest longings of your heart? Do you believe it's God's will for you to have those desires met? (I know this might be kind of a personal question. If you don't feel like answering it here you might want to think about it, write it down and then pray about it. Yes, of course it can be personal things. I plan on answering it here. Things have a way of happening when you get it out there. We can then pray these things for each other).

I love what Sassy wrote - I want the same things!!! (I know - what a copykat that Kat is!)

2. Do you find it hard to pray for yourself than you do for others? Explain why or why not?

I find it difficult to pray for my desires such as a happy marriage or a fulfilling career, but not difficult to pray for good health & to be a good mother. It is easier to pray for others. I feel as if I should only pray, "as far as myself, please Father, whatever your will is for me, let me be content with that".

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 2:57pm

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2004 - 10:57am
I loved that movie, too, Phyllis! Someday I want to drive out to Natchitoches, LA (where they filmed it) to see the town. Loved the scenery & old homes. That would be THE life to me, too, having some close gal friends and living in a close-knit community for years. It DOES give me a peaceful feeling just thinking about it. Ok, when you and Johnny move to the place you'll settle down in, we'll flock on over!
Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2004 - 10:40pm

~~Rhonda~~

<