*+* PotPW Day 3-May 5 04 *+*

iVillage Member
*+* PotPW Day 3-May 5 04 *+*
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 9:27pm

Day 3 - 5 May 04

John 10
10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). Amplified Version.

1. Do you believe you are living the abundant life Jesus is talking about here? (Spiritually? Relationally? Financially? Emotionally? Physically?) Explain your answer. In what ways would you like to see yourself move into the abundance God has for you?

Ephesians 3
20God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. The Message

21Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

1. What is the promise to you in this portion of the Scripture? What does this promise mean to you in terms of your level of faith and hope?

Live With Passion!

Phyllis

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2004 - 10:34am

Day 3 - 5 May 04

John 10
10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). Amplified Version.

1. Do you believe you are living the abundant life Jesus is talking about here? (Spiritually? Relationally? Financially? Emotionally? Physically?) Explain your answer. In what ways would you like to see yourself move into the abundance God has for you?

I think I'm still on that journey.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2004 - 11:12am

I believe that I have finally realized that God really wants abundance for me, so my thinking is more positive. I don't let the thief steal my abundance thoughts from me anymore. Of course, God wants me to do my part, i.e. praying, studying, working, spending time with loved ones, saving up for retirement, taking care of my health, etc. I need to spend more time on what God wants me to do rather than time-wasting activities.

2. What is the promise to you in this portion of the Scripture? What does this promise mean to you in terms of your level of faith and hope?

I know that when I ask God for the gift of the Holy Spirit, that God will freely give it and that through this power, incomprehensible things are possible in my life. Knowing that God is working inside of my thru the Holy Spirit makes me be an optimist about everything. I know that my needs will be tended to by God without seeing into the future.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2004 - 10:53pm

1. Do you believe you are living the abundant life Jesus is talking about here? (Spiritually? I have a long way to go spiritually even though, like you Phyllis, I think I'm farther along than some people. I think I just keep most of it to myself and try to live it instead of being more open and spreading it around or taking part in church activities the way I used to.

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2004 - 8:23pm
John 10

The thief DEFINITELY comes to kill and destroy. As I have worked harder and harder to get my devotional time in and to spend time praying, the thief has worked harder and harder to stop me, to bring me down, to trip me up, to make me focus on other things rather than the things I need to be focusing on, causing problems in my work, my relationships, etc. He may win a few battles, but the war is mine.

I find this term very relative to each individual. Spiritually, I'm obviously struggling. I have allowed the thief to win a few lately. I need to focus. Relationally. Man, I am so thankful for this man that God kept pushing me back to! I said to him the other day, "why are we married? why are you still here? why do you love me?" It wasn't that we were having problems, I was really curious. His answer made me weep: "because I am so lucky to have you". Period. Completely sincere. He SOOOOO drives me batty at times, and then he throws one of those out there. Or a completely unsolicited, catch-me-off-guard, "I love you". My relationships with my children, because each are different is different for each kid. Yanking my hair out with two of them right now! :) My sister and I are so very close. We talk to each other on the phone almost every day. I can tell her things that I can (and will) never tell anyone. And she always builds me up. Emotionally. I struggle with depression. Undiagnosed professionally, but depression just the same. My chill pills help :) I have to literally pick myself up regularly and go on. Financially. I think we've always been afraid to live abundantly. I think we live financially on the edge. Hate that. Physically. The last 3 weeks or so, I've really slipped. I see it, I feel it. I'm at the same weight now that I was last summer when I was working hard. However, I look and feel completely different...yucky and flabby. Back to it this morning and continuing. Move into the abundance. Wow. Can't even imagine what it would be like!

Ephesians 3

20God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. The Message

21Glory to God in the church!

Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!

Glory down all the generations!

Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

What is the promise to you in this portion of the Scripture? What does this promise mean to you in terms of your level of faith and hope?

I can't imagine what amazing things he can do.