iVillage Member
(+) PofPW Week 2, Day 1-10 May (+)
Mon, 05-10-2004 - 6:27am

Good morning.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2004 - 12:08pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2004 - 6:59am
1. Read 1 John 1:9 in your Bible. What is the main reason we need to confess our sins?

NIV-If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

- So that we will be forgiven. I particularly like that the fact that it is as if we never sinned!

2. Read Acts 3:19 in your Bible. What is the main reason we need to repent of our sins?

NIV-Repent then, and turn to God, so that you sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

- Not repenting keeps us from his blessings.

I think at times I become wrapped up in all the things Stormie was talking about...believing the deceiver, hearing and believing his whispers that I'm a failure so why not just "do it" (whatever the sin might be). God always gives us a way out.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2004 - 8:10am

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2004 - 9:58am
1. Read 1 John 1:9 in your Bible. What is the main reason we need to confess our sins?

NIV-If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

The main reason we confess our sins to God is for our sakes. God knows we sin and he knows what our sins are, yet he wants us to acknowledge them (recognize what we do wrong). I think God knows that by confessing our sins to him, we recognize what we have done wrong and that makes us aware of what we need to do to avoid making those mistakes in the future. Also, if we confess our sins to God, we know that God will forgive us and clean us up - that is God's promise to us.

2. Read Acts 3:19 in your Bible. What is the main reason we need to repent of our sins?

NIV-Repent then, and turn to God, so that you sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Repentance means not only to be sorry for something we did, but to want to change our action. The main reason we need to repent of our sins is so we can start with a clean slate and be close to God in order that he may work in our minds and change us. Unrepented sin keeps us separated from God. When Jesus paid our penalty & died for our sins, and was resurrected, that was also a symbol to man that man needs to bury sin (repent) and become a new man in God (a clean heart resurrected). Each time we repent of our sins and ask God to wipe them away, God makes us pure again and we are at one with and close to God.

Katherine (Kat)