(+) (+) PotPW 12 May (+) (+)

iVillage Member
(+) (+) PotPW 12 May (+) (+)
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 6:16am

from the author-In order to see positive changes happen in your life, you have to be open to the cleansing

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 8:27am
Read the last paragraph on page 37 and finishes on page 38. How's that for helping one with the "holier than thou" attitude?

Sometimes I go just the other way...everything I seem to do/think/say is a sin! This paragraph really did make me realize how little I do out of love.

Read page 40, the first paragraph under "Full Repentance" in the PotPW and describe what true repentance is.

True repentance was an opener for me. I recognize my sins, ask forgiveness, say I'll not do them again, but rarely (if ever?) feel such deep sorrow and regret as described here. A sin is a sin is a sin according to the bible. I should feel the same strength of repentance for each and every one and pray specifically for each one. That is why God wants us to list each one, to search our hearts and have Him show us our sins so that we can bring each and every one to Him. Powerful stuff.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 1:14pm
Read the last paragraph on page 37 and finishes on page 38. How's that for helping one with the "holier than thou" attitude?

Absolutely!!! My thoughts (and some actions) are definitely ruled by my own human nature and also by the evil one, at time, I admit. Whatever does not come from love is sin. How plain and simple is that? I know the definition of God is love, therefore, anything else is sin. Unless I ask God for his Holy Spirit, I will not have love in my heart.

Read page 40, the first paragraph under "Full Repentance" in the PotPW and describe what true repentance is: To me, the definition of repentance is - I am deeply sorry that I have sinned, do an about face, and sin no more. With repentance comes a changed attitude and actions.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 3:06pm

Read the last paragraph on page 37 and finishes on page 38.