(+) (+) PofPW 17 May (+) (+)

iVillage Member
(+) (+) PofPW 17 May (+) (+)
Sun, 05-16-2004 - 3:45pm

Mark 11:25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2004 - 6:31am

Mark 11:25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2004 - 7:17am

1. What is the most important reason to forgive others?

So that our own sins will be forgiven and we'll receive the full blessing of God.

2. Can you think of a time when someone said something bad, unkind, unflattering, dishonoring, or hurtful to you or about you? If so, describe your feelings about it now and whether you feel you have completely forgiven that person. If you are not sure you have completely forgiven that person, write out (in your journal) a prayer confessing your unforgiveness and asking God to help you forgive him or here completely.

I think I have completely forgiven and pretty much forgotten. I was telling DH about this and he said the forgiving is easy...it's that forgetting part that is difficult.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2004 - 10:09pm

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2004 - 6:36pm
Phyllis:

Tell me more about this - being new to this group message thing I'm not real sure. Are you facilitating a Bible study of some sort? If you are, I have one heck of a story about learning to forgive...and the freedom it brings to your spirit.

Peach (Mary)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2004 - 10:02pm

Since Phyllis isn't here right now, I'll answer a little in her place, and she can amplify when she's back.

We talk about

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2004 - 11:50am
1. What is the most important reason to forgive others?

So that I may be forgiven of God and have the fullness of everything that God offers me. God is the ultimate forgiver - he is the author of love and forgiveness. He forgives people who murder his own children - I should be so forgiving!! Forgiveness is allowing the very Spirit of God into my being so that I may be close to God.

2. Can you think of a time when someone said something bad, unkind, unflattering, dishonoring, or hurtful to you or about you? If so, describe your feelings about it now and whether you feel you have completely forgiven that person. If you are not sure you have completely forgiven that person, write out (in your journal) a prayer confessing your unforgiveness and asking God to help you forgive him or here completely.

I'm struggling with this daily. I ask God to help me forgive this person - even if the other person has trouble forgetting the bad memories of what was done (I'm a constant reminder & I'm sure this person wishes I wasn't around anymore). I went to counseling over this years ago but when the offender is still around it makes it difficult to interact. I need to ask God to help me wipe out the memory of what happened so I will not associate the acts committed with this person ever again.

Katherine (Kat)