(+) (+) PotPW 18 May (+) (+)

iVillage Member
(+) (+) PotPW 18 May (+) (+)
Tue, 05-18-2004 - 6:13am
Have you ever said or done something that you still regret?

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2004 - 10:18am
Yes, I have, but I haven't been able to totally forgive myself for it. I do pray about it.

Rhonda

Time invested in improving ourselves cuts down on time disapproving of others.

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2004 - 4:43pm
I'm going to try to catch up with you all on this - this weekend! Still not feeling great, but I am determined to do this study with you gals!

Thanks, Phyllis, for doing this!

Hugs,

Kat

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2004 - 12:00pm
Have you ever said or done something that you still regret? Have you been able to forgive yourself for it? If so, explain how you were able to get through it. If not, write a prayer (in your journal) and say it out loud now asking God to forgive you and help you completely forgive yourself.

Yes, I've done some things that I still regret. I have forgiven myself because I was young when I did them, but I still had to ask God to forgive me for these things I did as they were sinful. Of course, I sin everyday, but those things I did when I was younger were things I would never do now, and so they easily come to mind

I know God has forgiven me for them so if he can, I can. This is exactly the way I need to think about those who hurt me - if God forgives them, I must do the same. As the book pointed out, if I wait until the "feeling" comes over me to forgive, I could wait forever and be on the outs with God. All forgiveness comes directly from God - I don't have it in me by myself - only God can accomplish this in me.

Katherine (Kat)