~*~July Roll Call~*~

iVillage Member
~*~July Roll Call~*~
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 11:46am

So in the midst of the rockets red glare and the bombs bursting in air are you taking time to enjoy the fun things about summer?Are you exercising your right to stay healthy and take care of yourself?

How about posting up your name,your favorite type of exercise and any goals you have in mind for the month ahead.And feel free to

Miss P

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: pt40
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 11:53am

Patty in Va. Favorite exercise is

Miss P

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 12:14pm
Patty, I like your goals!! I'm Kat in Longview, TX, and my favorite exercise is running, also, but I don't do enough of it. A "runner's high" is the best feeling! Patty, I was thinking of you yesterday, when I put donned the running shorts and baseball cap. Found my 2001 Old Navy red cap w/American flag on it, which has special meaning, of course. I'll probably live in that cap this weekend. My goals are to work out, eat right (limit the sweets and wine until after these pounds come off), and become closer to God. I saw a great billboard the other day, which read, "If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats". So true and when my devotionals slack, I see ugly & judgmental thoughts creep in.
Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 1:26pm

Debra in Washington State.

Goals...record my points no matter what I eat, going out, even if I hit 100 pts in a day (God forbid but I'm sure it's happened).

Favorite exercise...I feel like I was born to dance...so dance whether it be latin, modern, jazz, belly...is part of my soul.

“You can only grow if you’re willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” -Brian Tracy
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 2:46pm
Susan in lovely LI, NY. Favorite exercise is walking and for mental health exercise walking my favorite canine friend Otto. Goals for the month-consistency with healthy eating (which for me is keeping the sweets to a minimum), exercise and finding that balance between work and play.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 5:09pm

Linda, 43,

C

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 9:13pm

Your post made me realize I need to work more on my spiritual health too.I can be too quick to judge or get angry and I have to work on that.

Kat, I LOVE running in my baseball cap.I feel like such a jock.LOL And even my kid gets a kick out of it.I wear it out in the yard alot now too.I think I'm going to get me a couple more. I need a red one :)

Miss P

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 9:16pm

Rhonda -- Jacksonville, FL.

Since I can't boogie board anymore, I have to settle for cycling as my favorite exercise, although gardening burns a few calories too. Have to admit it's pretty fun when I can ride with my DH. Also, marathon shopping whenver I get the chance is a really enjoyable way to burn some calories. I LOVE to dance, but almost never get to. I have just taught myself to salsa and merengue with the help of a video to prepare for my daughter's wedding 11/5. It's easier than I thought. I already knew how to cha-cha, and when the hips joints aren't acting up, they're actually pretty flexible. ;-)

I am solar powered, love the beach, a sucker for animals, a shoe freak, and a carb craver. I have a wonderful DH, a 29 yr. old daughter, a 16-yr. old son, 2 spoiled Yorkies, 3 spoiled house cats, and now a spoiled new kitten. We are here to maintain the place for the animals.

My goals for this month are to stick with the Weight Watchers Flex Program; exercise more regularly on my bike, with dumbbells, and on the ab machine; do a radical purge of my closets; and that's probably about all I can handle that's cast in stone.

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 10:20pm

(Good grief, I can't decide what I want to write today, i.e. the redundant phrases of mine - typos galore!) Please forgive my grammatical errors and sentence structures, ladies.

Patty, I can't imagine you being quick to anger or judge. Your sweet disposition needs to rub off on me more. I love to run, but I have to admit I do better in the early a.m. when my energy is at its peak and the temps are cooler. I had trouble getting the 3 miles in today.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 10:42pm

Hello, its Debbie. I live in Long Island, NY and I am 44 years young. My favorite exercise is my new love for the gym. I have been walking on the treadmill or pushing myself on the eliptical machine. I do this 5 days a week for about 45 minutes a shot. I also love to lift weights and I have been doing that for an hour, twice a week. Goals for the month will be to continue what I have started and try to drop another couple of pounds.

Deb

Debbie

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2005 - 11:38pm
You rock, Deb!

~~Rhonda~~

<

Pages