July/August Goals

iVillage Member
July/August Goals
Tue, 07-26-2005 - 11:54am

If you have any goals you'd like to post, please feel free to join me!

My main goals for the next 3 weeks are to do some kind of workout for 5 days per week, eat at about 1400 calories, and drink lots of water. When my bad week 4 rolls around, I'd like to keep at 1400 calories and keep drinking the water. I'm not going to push the workouts during that week. I may also need to consult with the psychoanalysis board during weeks 3 & 4!!!

Katherine

Katherine (Kat)

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2005 - 10:55pm

Kat, glad you started this post!I've done so much better with my water the past week or so and want to continue with that.I also picked up a book today called Fast Track.It's written by a female runner and discusses nutrition and workouts.I really want to work on my diet for the month of August.Also I want to do more cross training.

I want to do all this to improve my health, feel better and to get back

Miss P

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-06-2005 - 11:41am

Miss P - your goals are exactly what mine are: to improve my overall health (things like cholesterol, etc.), feel better (I'm tired and weak these days!), and to like what I see in the mirror!

I think I am going to keep a journal under these goals for August to see if I do indeed accomplish the goals. Would anyone care to join me? I like our check-ins, but the threads are gone in a matter of a day or two & this would be a place to be able to check on progress without having to find threads.

Today is Sat., Aug. 6 and I just got through a Ramp It Up dvd and I plan on a very healthy breakfast of a fruit smoothie and egg white omelet w/veggies in it. I may have a sandwich for lunch as I will be on the run today. Not sure, but I will drink lots of water!

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2005 - 10:43am
Today is Monday, Aug. 8 and I began the day with Ramp it Up dvd (still sore from it!) and ate a breakfast of 1 pancake w/Smart Balance butter, light syrup, and 1/2 cup o.j. I have a small banana and yogurt for snack, a Smart Ones meal for lunch and I'll see what I can find for dinner.
Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2005 - 11:20am

Hoping that putting some goals here will keep me on track and honest with

Miss P

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2005 - 11:10pm

Tuesday, August 9 - I had a very bad eating day courtesy of Taco Bell and AF influences.

Did do the Slim in 6 dvd and drank lots of water. Tomorrow, I will really work on the eating.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2005 - 9:50am

Wednesday, Aug. 10 - I did the Ramp it Up dvd early this a.m. and will be on a juice/water fast. By the end of the day, I should have 8 miles!

I've had coffee, water, orange/mango juice so far.

Katherine

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2005 - 10:44am

Thursday, August 11 - I did the Ramp it Up dvd, had my breakfast of 1 slice of reduced fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake w/coffee, and I've brought a Smart Ones meal and fruit for lunch. Dinner will be tough - Women's Bible study group - our facilitator and hostess serves the best appetizers - she made some yummy bruschetta last time I went.

Will work on the water intake.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2005 - 8:19am

Friday, Aug. 12 was a rest day & I did ok with food - except I had a Snickers snack size bar. I think AF is the culprit. Did not drink enough water, though.

Katherine

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2005 - 2:30pm

Kat, keep up the good work! Sounds like you are basically sticking to your plan, and when AF visits, some things just cannot be helped! Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing and results should follow. :)

Holly

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2005 - 3:50pm
Thanks, Holly. I have the worst time when AF hits. There are usually about 4 or 5 days I'm in so much pain that I don't push myself to work out. I'm hoping this will pass soon.
Katherine (Kat)

Pages