Can you believe, Sept Roll Call?

iVillage Member
Can you believe, Sept Roll Call?
Fri, 09-02-2005 - 8:55am

Can you believe its September? Where did the month of August go? Although I know I had days last month that I thought it would never go away. Very hot summer for me here in NY! So now that all the schools should be getting back into the swing of things what are your plans? Just let us know who you are? What your goal is for this month? Where your from? Any travel plans (Alright J-deb we already know where you are off too................again!)this month? Going to try something new?.......Just fill in the blanks........

cl-Deb

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-02-2005 - 6:02pm

Patty in VA. This month I'm going to give up chips

Miss P

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-02-2005 - 10:41pm

Debbie here from Long Island, NY. So looking forward to getting back into full swing with eating healthy, and exercise. I have missed

cl-Deb

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-03-2005 - 10:30pm
Anita in Western NY. I just need to get back on the threadmill and going to my weekly yoga class. I've been taking evening walks but it not enough. I'm recovering from surgery on Aug 17th and need to start feeling better. I'm going to eat well and get well. I'm giving up soda pop and will repalce with water. Anita
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2005 - 6:15pm

Rhonda

Jacksonville, FL

Going to eat within my WW points.

Need to exercise more, whether it's riding my bike or doing actual exercises, and to drink more water instead of tea.

Going to MD at the end of the month for a big multi-year school reunion. Hope to get to have another marathon lunch with Miss P. maybe October 4th, if that works out.

~~Rhonda~~

<

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2005 - 9:00pm

Katherine, posting from Longview, TX.

I'm on a 6 week program with Slim in 6/Slim Series.

Katherine (Kat)
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-10-2005 - 4:41pm

Just let us know who you are?
Anna

What your goal is for this month?
My goal is to get back to exercising daily.

Where your from?

I'm from Minnesota, living now in Silicon Valley, just moved here from living in Italia for 2 years.

Any travel plans (Alright J-deb we already know where you are off too................again!)this month?

Nope - this month just staying home. NEXT month we're flying to Italy and Amsterdam with the kids! Yay!

Going to try something new?.......
I'm back to college -taking classes in Finite Math, C Programming and MacroEconomics, all of which are new to me.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-17-2005 - 10:40pm
Hi Anita.
Nancy

"Make Choices that bring you joy"  cl-Patty

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-17-2005 - 10:43pm
My name is Nancy and I'm from South Dakota.
Nancy

"Make Choices that bring you joy"  cl-Patty

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2005 - 12:01pm

Hello all. I thought I'd stop in and see if this board will 'fit'. I'm used to being a long way from the 'norm' but I thought I'd give this place a try :). My life has taken a sudden lurch and when that happens, I know I need to take especially good care of me or else everyone suffers :).

At this time, 'taking care of me' means getting more organised - we moved from England to the US in April/May (we got here in April, our stuff five weeks later) and we've been at a run since then so there has been no chance to really organise things. Plus, this is a 'temporary' home until we find jobs, also a state that does not lend itself to organisation and feeling settled.

I'm fairly happy with my activity part. I had an injury a couple of months ago that kept me sidelined for a while. Longer than it needed to since I tried to do a bit too much, too soon and was set back for a few weeks. But, it's coming along.

Hand in hand with these of course, is optimising our nutrition. Organisation plays a huge roll here, too. Planning so that we have meals in the freezer for busy days, shopping smarter to save money and allowing time too cook properly (we don't buy processed foods or commercial bread, so except in rare occasions, if we want lunchmeat or cookies, cakes or bread, I have to make it), fermenting vegetables and juices, making kefir and cheese, etc) I really have gotten off track on all those things lately.

And lastly - cutting back where I can to reduce stress - and getting more sleep!

lily