Hello everybody..new here

iVillage Member
Hello everybody..new here
Sun, 10-02-2005 - 6:11pm

40 is just around the corner for me (5 months) so I was hoping I could go ahead and join in here. My goal since I turned 39 was to get to my goal weight by 40, thinking then that would be one thing I wouldn't have to worry about. Well after a very stressful year, my weight is up and I have so much to lose that my goal seems impossible.

I think my metabolism is lower then a slugs. I've always been a yoyo dieter since I was in my 20's and I suppose now I am paying the consequences. What got me back on track thinking was my mother saying yersterday that we both were watching our weight. I've ALWAYS been watching my weight, I hate it.

Ok, I'm a big sweet eater and emotional eater. I have a treadmill that I might get on 2 times a week (good intentions that never follow through) I work full time M-F, have 2 children who are teenagers (One is a Senior this year). I hate the taste of plain water and can't just seem to get it together. Today has been a good day though, but how do I continue?? Any advice on how to keep this going for more then 1 day?

TIA, Vicki

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2005 - 6:50pm

Vicki, welcome to the board.

Nancy

"Make Choices that bring you joy"  cl-Patty

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2005 - 7:55pm

Hi Vicki! Welcome to the group.I'm only 39 myself but they let me hang out here.I read your profile and see you're in Little Rock. I lived there when I was very small. Loved it.

Would adding lemon to your water help any?Could you start with just one glass a day and go from there.I think little changes are easier to deal with and stick to. Maybe

Miss P