January 2006 roll call!!!

iVillage Member
January 2006 roll call!!!
Thu, 12-29-2005 - 11:27pm

Nope, I'm not going to be asking about your resolutions for 2006.

“You can only grow if you’re willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” -Brian Tracy

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-29-2005 - 11:31pm
I'm Debra (who is going to lose some pounds) H in 2006....one hubby of 12 years as of New Year's day.
“You can only grow if you’re willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” -Brian Tracy
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 8:31am

I'm Susan, LI, NY. DH of almost 30 years, 3 kids 2girls one boy, 26, 24 and 20 and a crazy but lovable dog-Otto who loves his daily walk! Presently exercised challenged but hoping motivation will return soon.

There are no exciting family celebrations on either side of the family during the winter months with the exception of our grandnephew who will be turning 2 on New Year's Eve. They all collect in the summer and fall months!

Susan

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 8:57am

Patty in VA. Turned the big 40 this year, where does the time go ;) Living with

Miss P

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 9:38am
Well Happy New Year indeed! Hard to believe another one has come and gone so fast. Another Debbie here, from Long Island, NY. Going to be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary this year to Bill. We have 3 children, Billy 21, Robbie 16 and Katie 12. We also have a dog named Bingo and a cat named Cassone. Glad no New Year resolutions.......but just the same I have dreams of getting my exercise back into a daily routine and my eatting under control. I hope to get more organized, simplify, and have more "me" time. Dropping at least 20 pounds is a goal for the coming months too. I am looking forward to our DC trip in March and maybe a get away with hubby in May. We have Bill's neice and nephew in California who will celebrating birthdays towards the end of January but that is it for me. All else quiet until my birthday in March........which is when I will be 45. But shhhh don't tell anyone!

cl-Deb

cl-Deb

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 10:56am

CL-DEB HAS A BIRTHDAY IN MARCH AND SHE WILL BE 45! :o).

So we both want to simplify, get organized, and lose 20lbs!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 10:58am

<>

Eric tried on all the running stuff I bought him at the Nike sale yesterday and he looked so good in them.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 3:14pm

Sharlene here. 48 years old, live in Victoria, BC with my husband (10 years in August). I have 5 kids (ds 29, dd 27, dd 25, ds 7, and ds 4 3/4).

My great neice is getting married today (December 30), another niece has a birthday on Jan. 2. She will be 12 years old. Chinese New Year falls on January 29th this year! It will be the Year of the Dog. That is it for us until February.

Paying off the house...not likely for a few years. I'll be happy to pay off the Visa bill this month! LOL

I'll tell you my resolutions for the new year anyway! :o)

1. Taking care of my mind and body which will hopefully result in losing the same 20 lbs. that the others want to lose.

2. My new motto for the New Year is...."Do I Really Need It?" I'm going to try and be purposeful when I buy something and not just impulse purchase which I do quite frequently! To that end, I hope to see things cleared out and simplified at my house. In fact I think I'll put it on my computer screen, just to keep reaffirming it!

3. I'm going to take positive and affirmative steps to move ahead with my art career.

4. I'm going to invest more of myself in my close relationships.

Almost forgot...

5. I would like to work on cooking more things from scratch. Getting back to a more whole food diet.

Edited 12/30/2005 3:15 pm ET by ive_got_five
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 8:00pm

Hello! I’m Debra from Long Island, New York. January 17 is a friend’s birthday and the18th is dh’s birthday. In July, dh and I celebrate 14 years together. My favorite exercise machine is the elliptical and also enjoy working out to videos like Kathy Smith and Gilad..

DelightedDeb

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2005 - 8:39pm

To Debra from Debra :o)

Where do you keep your elliptical?

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2005 - 7:12am

We used to have (what I consider) a big house for two people: 3 bdrm, 2.5 bath, + bonus room so I had both a spin bike and elliptical in the bonus room however, when dh was out of work and we had to downsize into an apt everything changed. I sold and gave up many things including my elliptical but kept my spin bike and a few favorite workout videos. Then when dh was offered a job and we moved from our modest apt in FL to a much nicer one in NY it included a decent size gym: 3 elliptical, 1 Stairmaster, 5 treadmills, 3 stationary bikes, several weight machines, and an indoor basketball court. So, I got an elliptical back and I have my spin bike in my home office. Our apt here is 2+2 +office with built-in marble desk & bookshelves but one of the bedrooms we turned into a second office for me and that is where I keep my spin bike. I’m thankful everyday…

DelightedDeb

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /

Pages