Cher's JumpStart July

iVillage Member
Cher's JumpStart July
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 2:02pm

Here we go. I'm debating on what to log here. lol. Maybe just food and exercise. And how I'm doing on the Body for Life program. Hmmm....I'll come back when I figure it out.

Well, I think I'll just keep track of how I do from week to week. I have 12 weeks. I'll try to clump them in months, so that I don't do this every week and no one has to see my thread

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 11:24pm
Great start to your 12 weeks Cher......and yay on your fruits and salad today!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 11:55am

Looks like a great start!! Way to go on getting in the fruits and salad Cher!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 1:02pm

Well, I can't say I had a great ending, however, at least I ate some good things. For dinner, I ate the second half of my salad. I was going to save it for Wed's lunch, but realized, I'm not at work Wed. D'oh!!!! Then I had some granola bites, some animal crackers and a bite size Dove ice cream bar. Granted, I think all of that added up to about 250 calories. :(

My goal today, is to stop the unneccessary snacking after dinner.

Week 1

Sunday:
Food: Honestly, I didn't eat that bad anyways. Chicken and CA rolls, and a sandwich at night. Not bad.
Weights: Didn't do this since I didn't finish reading the book, but I needed to start cardio on Monday, so I adjusted. :)

Monday:
Food: Doing good here. Lots of fruit and a salad. Slacked at night though.
Cardio: 20 mins. Although almost great, I did good though

Tuesday:
Food:
Weights: 35 mins of weights. It was suppoed to be about 45. All I can say is BOY are my legs tired. I can't walk downstiars w/o feeling I'm going to fall. lol. But it felt good to do.

Wednesday:
Food:
Cardio:

Thursday:
Food:
Weights:

Friday:
Food:
Cardio:

Saturday is rest day (Although, I do golf, so it is exercise. :) and I wanna keep it that way)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 3:16pm

Even with those snacks it looks like you are having an on-track week so far!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 4:14pm

ew. i didn't realize how much cashew nut chicken had oil and grease. I thought it'd be somewhat healthy. But boy, I think I was VERY wrong. After my co-worker at the veggies out of it, there was a pool of oil and grease on the plate. and the rice was orange from the oil/grease. oh disgusting.

gotta eat something different next time.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 4:55pm
Yay on the weight work this morning Cher - hope the rest of your day is 'shaping' up just as well.......besides the cashew chicken ;-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-04-2007 - 11:36am

Well at least you know now! LOL That is pretty gross having the grease pool at the bottom like that.

Happy 4th of July!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-05-2007 - 1:13pm

Ho hum, what a boring 4th. lol. Let's see, what is going on. Well my loss of a pound a day stopped. bummer. lol. Okay okay. I knew it wouldn't last. But it was fun to see. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sore. Ohmigod. I could barely walk yesterday and I'm hating the stairs in my house now. lol. Oh, I went to my eye doc. I have dry eyes and he suggested taking flaxseed oil. I figured, why not try it, if anything, it has a lot of other health benefits. So, we'll see what happens with that.

I have to brag. I did really well last night with food. DH wanted to go to Chick-fil-a. I typically have the breaded chicken sandwich. But I decided to go with the grilled chicken, on wheat bun, WITH fruit, instead of fried. I wasn't sure if I wanted a wrap. But after reading the nutrition guide after we left, I'm glad I didn't. The wrap had like 450 calories. The sandwich I had, had 230. It had almost 3x the fat too (the wrap). amazing. And ppl think wraps are more healthy. Sheesh. My snacks were good to. :) Now, if I can stick to this.

I'm also using my hypnosis tapes. I noticed that really helps when I listen to it everyday. Maybe something in my clicked, I dunno. We'll see in a few weeks if I'm still this gung-ho. That'll be the true test.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-05-2007 - 3:15pm

What a great week you're having Cher!!! Way to go on making those healthy choices! That is pretty shocking about the wrap!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-05-2007 - 3:37pm
Great job on your restraint last night Cher~ it really does sound like things are 'clicking' into place for you! I had to laugh at you being ONE BIG sore, lol--- hope you're not too sore though. Keep up the *gusto*

Pages