Storms ~ July Journal

iVillage Member
Storms ~ July Journal
Wed, 07-11-2007 - 8:30am

It's been a couple of weeks since I’ve started back into a real exercise groove. I’ve always exercised but I’m stepping it up a notch or three before my wedding in August.

The exercise bit is coming along well – now it’s just a matter of keeping the ‘eating’ in check.

My goal is to lose 10lbs or 1.5 inches of fat (that little bulge above the belly button that shows through every shirt I own and shows my ‘muffin top’ over every pair of pants I own. My goal is to lose this in the next month.

Here was my day on Tuesday, July 10 – official day 1.

Woke up at 5:15
5:30 – breakfast: ½ ww. English muffin with an egg, Canadian bacon, ff cheese and a V8
EXERCISE: 6:00 – gym, worked out for 45 minutes, weights circuit
9:30 – pear and a cheese string
12:00 – Lunch: Mixed salad (no dressing) with chicken breast, and a V8
EXERCISE: 1:00-2:00 – HARD core spinning class
2:30 – banana
3:30 – apple
EXERCISE: Walked for 15 minutes (from the parking to the festival site)
5:30 – Dinner: Chicken thigh (bbq’d with skin), ½ cup of rice pilaf, 2 cups mixed salad, ww dinner roll, and a fresh fruit salad
8:00 – light beer
9:00 – 2 glasses or red wine and a Jamaican patty
EXERCISE: 10:00 – Walked for 15 minutes (from the festival site to our car)
10:30 – small handful of almonds before bed

Definitely happy with my exercise – felt very strong at the end of the day and slept like a baby (maybe that was the wine, though ;) ).

Tonight we are at the festival again, so I think I will not have any beer – just the wine and will need to make a better food choice instead of that yummy Jamaican patty.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-11-2007 - 11:31am

Hey Jessica, I noticed you are a fellow Canadian - where abouts are you? What festival are you going to?

Looks like a fabulous day in terms of your exercise, and I bet you did some walking around at teh festival to work off that Jamaican patty!!

Great day!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-11-2007 - 2:00pm
Looks and sounds like a GREAT day Jessica :-)
Have fun at the fair tonight-- do you volunteer there or do you go for social activity??

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-11-2007 - 2:10pm
This year we volunteered - we get the pass if we volunteer so we decided to go for it. It's pretty fun.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-12-2007 - 7:51am

I'm in Ontario - so I'm enjoying the Bluesfest in Ottawa this week. Actually getting pretty tired with these late nights and early mornings. Can't do that so much anymore 'in my thirties'. :)

Thankfully, i do a lot of walking around and some dancing so i should at least be burning off a little of the food i'm eating.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-12-2007 - 10:28am
It's always nice to volunteer in things like that Jessica- plus I think when you volunteer you get more opportunities to meet other people! How long is the festival (ie. how many more late nights do you have to endure LOL)?

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-12-2007 - 11:45am

Oh you're way out east! I know what you mean about the late nights taking a toll! How on earth did we do it when we were young??

Anyways I'm sure you are getting a good whack of walking in while you're there!!

June 11 – July 16

The WeatherPixie
Last week I exercised for 535 minutes!