Cher's Awesome August

iVillage Member
Cher's Awesome August
Mon, 07-30-2007 - 12:43pm

Okay, here we go. August is almost here. I'm not sure why, but I'm back up to my starting weight. I'm going to hope it's just muscle weight. I'm on week 5, and at the end of week 6, I'm going to measure and hope I've lost some, cuz I'm getting kinda depressed about the weight gain. For the next month, my focus is going to be food and weight training. The cardio, I'm fine with. The weight training, well, I finally got me some weights, so I can start pushing that now, and we all know, food is my hardest part to accomplish. I really need to work on my food.

Goals.
Better food intake
Build some muscle to burn those calories. ;)
Up cardio to 30 mins everytime, versus only 20.

Week 5

Sunday:
Food: mmm...not too bad, but I really need to do better.
Weights: I'm pushing through being tired cuz of puppy, but I didn't get this in. I may work on it tomorrow if possible.

Monday:
Food: Got some good things planned ;)
Cardio: 35 mins total. Woohoo.

Tuesday:
Food:
Weights:

Wednesday:
Food:
Cardio:

Thursday:
Food:
Weights:

Friday:
Food:
Cardio:

Saturday is rest day (Although, I do golf, so it is exercise. :) and I wanna keep it that way)

Weight Loss/Gain:
Start

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2007 - 3:32pm

Well Cher it looks like you have your August sorted out - here's to a great month ahead!!

Great job on the cardio!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2007 - 5:06pm
Thanks. My goal really is to keep on track with the food. I need to work on this harder this month. I want to get rid of this weight....or get rid of some inches (whichever will work). Although I'm on the scale, I'm trying to not be obsessed about the number. Easier said than done, but I'm hoping at the end of week 6, that something will have changed.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 2:52pm

Not too bad of a day so far. I woke up late, but did my weight training anyways. And with the new weights I bought, woohoo....I can actually USE two at once. lol. I only had 3 weights before, and they were all different weights. LOL. Lame. I'm trying to recover from last weekend, and this coming weekend is just as hectic. Yuck.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 3:15pm

Looks like a good start to teh week! I agree on the lunges, but I did find out from a trainer that it is really all about weight distribution and how your knees line up with your ankle/toes for whether it puts strain on your knees when doing lunges. So don't give up entirely! All those squats will have your butt looking great in no time!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 4:32pm

Nope, not giving up on lunges, however, I just know I can't do too many. My form starts to break down really fast. So, I do what I can, I push it just a bit, and that's about it. lol. Do you konw of any other exercise that can replace the lunge?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 5:45pm

What part of the leg are you trying to work with the lunge?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 5:58pm

I would say that if you are working your glutes and leg muscles, another exercise is to do squats with one leg slightly elevated. I've done them using a step bench to put one foot on, or a wobble board (to make it even tougher). This seems to work some slightly different muscles. I will say that some of the lunge type poses in yoga are also great for this - warrior post, triangle pose (I think) are good ones for strengthening those muscles.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 6:23pm

I have no clue what I'm supposed to work when I do a lunge. Usually, the part that starts to hurt most is my quad (front). So, I guess, I'll do the deadlifts then. :) That really makes my backside sore. lol. So I'm obviously stretching out something. lol.

Thanks for that. I konw in the BFL book, it shows quads and hamstrings together, and I never really knew what the lunge was for. I just knew it wasn't easy. LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 6:25pm
Any suggestions on a yoga book or dvd that will help me learn these positions? I still need to try that pilates dvd my gf gave me. But REALLY first, I need to hook up my vcr. LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 11:36pm

Hey Cher, there are a lot of videos out there (my faves are the GAIAM videos), but this website is also a great resource for yoga poses - you can even look them up based on what body part you want to focus on.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/index.cfm?ctsrc=tnav

I Finished the Summer Challenge

The WeatherPixie

Pages