Vanessa's September Journal

iVillage Member
Vanessa's September Journal
Sun, 09-02-2007 - 4:53pm

WOW - where did the summer go? My weight has been down, then back up and now it's right around the same place as it has been all year lol

I bought me and the kids plane tickets for Seattle @ Christmas so I REALLY want to get 10 pounds off by then!

Saturday, Sept 1

Food (not counting points on the weekends):

B - Grande skim sugar free vanilla latte, mini whole wheat bagel w/ 1 Tbsp lt cr cheese and 1 svg Healthy Choice lunch meat, 1/2 peach (Devin took my other 1/2 lol)
L- Chick Fil A with my friend and her son. I had all intentions of ordering "healthy" but went ahead and ate the regular Chick Fil A sandwich and fries with a Sprite (no Diet Coke today, my stomach was feeling "off") Then my friend took the kids up to the counter for ice cream and brought back brownies for the mommies....
D - Wasn't really hungry so I just ate some leftover noodles "Parmesan"
S - 2 - 100 cal packs of the Lorna Doone cookies

Water = 48 oz

Exercise = WATP for Abs 3 Mile dvd (50 min)

Notes - Chick Fil A was a disaster but it was my "cheat day". Should have got more veggies/fruits in.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-02-2007 - 7:58pm

Boy oh boy.....your friend spoiled you yesterday- does she know how to sabotage good intentions or what? lol- hey, what's with the no diet coke because of an upset stomach?? Does it make it worse for you? (I only ask, because on the mornings I wake up, from like let's say a late night (ahem), ....I need my d coke- rapido!!)

I was also thinking (and just read about your pizza fest LOL)- that you might want to do that cheat day on Fridays...or would there be too much temptation at work for that? I was only thinking it because I know you do Pizza Fridays with the kids ;-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-03-2007 - 1:33pm

Hey Vanessa, sometimes friends can be our worst 'frenemies' LOL

Way to go on getting that workout in, though! And here's to a successful September for you!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 8:29pm

My "friend" WAS about 110 lbs last summer (she's 5' 8") and was tired of looking as straight as a boy so put on 35 pounds in a year and is now loving her "curves" but not liking her belly or thighs! LOL SO..... although she wants to tone up - she's still used to eating like crazy and I fell into her trap Saturday! LOL

The Diet Coke thing - when my stomach is upset for some reason Cola and coffee products make it worse so I stick with 7-up, sprite or ginger ale. Not sure why they affect me like that though.

The "cheat day" just about turned into a "cheat weekend" for me! LOL I dunno - I gotta figure something out because I haven't tracked points since last week...

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 8:44pm

Sunday, Sept 2 and Monday, Sept 3

Food (not counting points on the weekends):

Sunday:
B - scrambled egg beater w/ spinach, 1/2 peach, mini whole wheat bagel
L - Panera 1/2 turkey panini, chicken noodle soup
D- Applebee's boneless wings appetizer and brownie sundae

Monday:
B - None
L - Applebees shrimp skewer salad (leftover from yesterday which is what I

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 10:13pm
We must have the same 'kinds' of friends Vanessa.....lol- good thing we don't really socialize on school nights, huh?? Here's to shaking off our cob-webs and getting back on the wagon!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-05-2007 - 11:31am

Hey Vanessa, it's nice to have those weekends once in a while where we're not obsessing what we're putting into our mouths - and I know you'll be kicking butt in no time for September!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-05-2007 - 11:06pm
You're right IG - woah can't even imagine my weight if I hung out on "school nights" LOL friends...... lol

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-05-2007 - 11:08pm
Miranda I BETTER be kicking butt soon - especially the way I've been eating lately! LOL

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-05-2007 - 11:21pm

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-06-2007 - 11:59am

At first short weeks seem great....but in reality at they really are is more work for us squeezed into a shorter week :-p

Luckily the weekend is just around the corner!!

Pages