Gretchen's October Journal

iVillage Member
Gretchen's October Journal
Tue, 10-02-2007 - 11:49am

Think I'm going to change around my journal format a little. I want to incorporate the walk challenge. Work on eliminating some of those foods that I know cause me problems. I'm going to the grocery store during lunch to pick up some Lean Cuisine for lunch and some other healthy type stuff. On a personal note I need to work on my finances one large cell phone bill has thrown me completely off and stressing me out a little.

So unsure in the end what the new format will look like but just need to do something a little different I think.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2007 - 12:12pm
I did the same thing Gretchen- I think instead of being so 'write down everything' I felt I needed to focus on how 'overall' I felt the day had gone. Looking forward to seeing the format you come up with.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2007 - 5:19pm

Hey Gretchen, I've had a few of those cell phone bills myself - and it does throw everything out of whack. I find that I let a lot of things slide when I'm feeling a bit stressed money wise, so am sending you {{{ANTI-STRESS VIBES}}}!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2007 - 12:39pm

10/02

Exercise Goal - Walk Challenge
10/02 - 30 minute walk/jog (1.6 miles)

Food Goal - Calories 1400
10/02 - 1444

Avoid potatoes, chips, white breads
10/02 - Had french fries at lunch

Water Goal - 67 oz. per day
10/02 - 67 oz

Okay in my defense over the fries at lunch.....

I'm going to Wal-mart to do a little shopping at lunch. However, as I'm pulling onto the main drag I realize I forgot my check book. No biggie just shoot over to the house get the check book. Yes a little out of the way but still need to get this shopping done. Need healthy food and we are totally out of toilet paper. However, I hear sirens and get a little flustered trying to figure out where they are coming from. End up getting distracted and find myself in the parking lot of Wal-mart still with no check book.

So make my way out of the parking lot and back to the house. Run into the house reach over the dog gate to grab my check book from the kitchen counter. Ooops a glass goes crashing to the ground and breaks!!! AAaargh have to clean it up because don't want the puppy cutting her feet.

So now back off to Wal-mart get my shopping done and it's only 12:50. Yes lunch is almost over but still making decent time. Still not sure what I was going to do for lunch but will figure it out. Check out the line at Subway I'm thinking as my groceries are being rang up.

How odd they want my drivers license, I wrote a check, still usually don't ask okay no biggie....... Uh oh!! I left my drivers licence in my jeans I wore to Elton John. *sigh* Of course, even though I've shopped there for 14 years, spent $1,000s there they won't cut me a break. So leave the groceries at customer service and go get my drivers licence. I'm beyond pi$$ed at myself, but taking it out on Wal-mart.

Get back to customer service and there is a line of at least 10 people and only one person working!!!! WTF!!!!! This is my lunch hour.

So yes I ended up stopping at Wendy's on my way back to work because I am now beyond starved and feeling sorry for myself. lol

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2007 - 2:11pm

Fries were definitely called for! Geez, I'd have stopped for a drink before going back to work too! LOL

Gretchen, here's hoping that was simply a mid-day blip and the rest of your day was better!!!

Anyways, it looked like the day was a success overall - calories looked good and so did the exercise!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2007 - 3:54pm

Oh no...... I hate when there are days like that too Gretchen- and yes, I'm sorry to be laughing. You just have such a way with words LOL~ but in actual fact the overall look of the day looked great!!

Hope today's going a little smoother ;-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2007 - 11:47pm
Gretchen - episodes like that really suck! I woulda been reaching for some fries too! lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2007 - 11:58am

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2007 - 12:39pm

Hey Gretchen, your day still didnt' look too bad! I hate it when I can't seem to make those snap decisions (well, GOOD snap decisions) when I am faced with an obstacle (lack of time, menu item not available, etc.).

Here's to a great Thursday!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2007 - 2:43pm

Dang Gretchen - what another ordeal! Hope things go smoother next week!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2007 - 5:29pm
Apparently my 'out to eat' QOTW came at a good time... sorry to hear that wouldn't accomodate you Gretchen- I'd be with you on refusing to pay almost $10 for chicken strips. Yea.... plan ahead next week :-)

Pages