Cher's April Journal

iVillage Member
Cher's April Journal
Wed, 04-02-2008 - 5:50pm

Well, April is here. I'm doing another 9-days on the Isagenix program and then that's it. I will HAVE to take that darn passport photo. I'm hoping for a loss like last time, at least my face is slimmer. I'm also getting the elliptical again and doing my walking (indoors). So, let's see if I can keep this up by summer, so I can wear...nice....winter.....clothes??? I'm going to Alaska. :) Oops, I need to reset my miles :) and change my weight :( it went up.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2008 - 6:57pm

Cher-- let's get this month going...... let's get those frustrations out...... let's succeed!!!

As for the *better* junk food choices, you have me stumped LOL-- you thinking snack like things.... or something a little more substantial?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2008 - 7:24pm

I dunno. I think something more substantial. i.e. for a snack, I had a turkey patty with mayo on a half piece of bread. Not too bad I'd say. But then, I had popcorn too. Very unhealthy kind. Granted, THAT could've been air popped. Then I had cheese on Wheat Thins. I think I was looking for something heartier. KWIM?

I think you guys gave me a list of school eating. I need to find that list. Like scrambled eggs with some ham in it. :) It was a good list of fast things to make, but that were semi-healthy and hearty.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2008 - 12:33pm

Hey Cher, good luck with the 9 days! I know you had great results last time!!

And how about nuts, or nut butters with fruit or celery? That's always a good snack. or even oatmeal - it's full of fibre so it's filling!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2008 - 5:13pm
Good luck with your journey

Personalized

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2008 - 6:33pm
Good luck with your next round of the Isagenix program Cher.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2008 - 8:55pm
I like Miranda's peanuts/nuts idea.... yogurts, fruits!, pb&j's..... personally I'd see a turkey patty as a big snack.... like a mini meal almost ;-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2008 - 5:19pm

First, thanks for all the support. I wasn't overly "good" while on my 9-day thing, but hey, at least I saw some weight loss. I also haven't exercised, but dang, DH and I did walk a LOT. So, a little here, a little there. I've been battling my eczema on my hands, so I didn't do any exercise. Bleah, that's my excuse, I'm sticking to it. lol. Anyhow, here's my update from the weekend, through today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2008 - 6:16pm
Glad to hear you had some more success with the program Cher. When do you guys get the passport pictures taken? And don't forget to update your mileage ticker.... those 4hrs of walking had to register some good distance!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2008 - 9:56pm
We probably should get them soon. Like this weekend. ;) DH is going to get his haircut, of course, mine looks like crappola. lol. I gave myself 6 miles for the 4 hour stroll, and 1.5 for 25 mins on the elliptical that I JUST did. :) YAY. I feel good. I always do, I just need to get my butt up on that machine. It was cute though, Koji was watching me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2008 - 10:20pm

Good for you Cher =)

lol re. Koji..... Jack does that. I'm actually surprised he doesn't try to 'swipe' at me. I get swiped at just walking by him laying on the back of the couch!!

Pages