Sonia's Start Again April!

iVillage Member
Sonia's Start Again April!
Sat, 04-12-2008 - 8:04pm
It's time for me to get back on track!! So far this month I've only gotten in exercise on the weekends! I need to get my rump in gear!
I did manage a 2 mile walk/jog this morning, then my dad came up and we took him on a long 4-wheeler ride across the top of the mountain (about 8 miles), then we helped him get a load of wood, after that me and Dawson walked through the meadow.
It was a great day!
Too bad the weather is changing tomorrow - snow and sleet : (
The WeatherPixie

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 11:47am
{brrrr} hope the snow didn't last ;-)
At least you had some great quality exercise AND outside time yesterday!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 3:21pm
It has been a very strange weather day! It wasn't as bad as was forecasted, but very odd! This morning it got up to 40, so I thought I'd brave it and go out for a walk (yes, I said brave it, I'm not happy until it is 70-lol), but within 5 minutes it had dropped 5 degrees and was raining mixed with snow. 20 minutes later, it was getting warmer again. It hit 50, but it's back in the low 40's now.
I'll skip getting outside today : ) I'm trying to get the cleaning done, that I skipped yesterday, then hopefully I'll have the time (energy) for the elliptical.
The WeatherPixie

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 7:48pm
Sorry the weather hasn't been on your side today Sonia! Hopefully it will clear up overnight.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 8:27pm

It's typical early Spring weather in the mtns. of Va. - wouldn't be home without it ; )
I did squeeze in some unconventional exercise with the Wii. Dawson was playing on the computer, so I put in the Wii sports disc and started off with wii fitness - this goes through random tests - bowling-baseball-boxing then gives you a Wii fitness age. I'm 31-woohoo- lol. Then I selected Wii training, this give you three "training" options for each of the sports on the game. So I tried all three boxing (ducking, punching bag, and landing punches). Punching bag seemed to give the most exercise, so I did more of it. They are all timed tests where you try to get an many points as possible.
After playing on the Wii, I did 75 reps on the Ab coaster, then some lunges and calf raises.

Nintendo is supposed to release Wii Fitness soon - I really want to get it. http://www.nintendo.com/wiifit/en/#/about/

The WeatherPixie

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2008 - 10:38am

Sonia - sounds like you fit in what you could with your unpredicatable weather!! And every time you talk about that Wii I get envious!! Geoff is buying one for his nephew for his bar mitzvah, and my girlfriend just got one too - I may have to cave in - I can always put it down as a healthcare cost! LOL

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2008 - 12:19pm
lol-- love the unconventional exercise Sonia.... sounds like a great way to work up a sweat!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2008 - 5:38pm
What strange weather you had there Sonia. The kids have Wii at their dad's house - I may have to invest in one for mine ;-)

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2008 - 9:20am
Here I am again....the weekend warrior : ) No exercise all week, but I've had a great morning so far. I got up at 7:30, DH was back inside from checking the animals )51 lambs so far) so I went out for a 2.5 mile walk/jog. More walking than jogging today due to side stitches. I've already finished one bottle of water and I'm on my second.
Amazing what a great spring morning can do for for ya : )
The WeatherPixie

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2008 - 2:59pm

Sounds like you had a great morning Sonia.... may it continue on into the rest of the day too!

I'm sure you're busy with those 51 (!!) lambs.... maybe that's where Spark got the idea, from seeing the sheep have so much fun (lol)~

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-20-2008 - 5:56pm
Another great day! It started off lazy - we got in late after the pageant and just couldn't get going! After church I went for another 2.5 walk/jog then took Dawson for antoher walk by the creek.
Check out what was just hanging around...
The WeatherPixie

Pages