Gretchen's Sorta, Kinda Journal

iVillage Member
Gretchen's Sorta, Kinda Journal
Sun, 05-18-2008 - 8:08pm

Okay, I might only check in once or twice a week but I'm hoping journaling will keep me a little more on top of things.

I have to say I feel like I've slowly but consistently loosing weight since the new year and very much so in the last two + months but it's been slow. Which I'm okay with because I'm not going back up.

At work I'm 136.2 lbs and and home I'm 130.2 lbs. All relative but after the initial tantrum I had over the differences I'm okay as long as I'm going down.

So for this last week I only got two work outs in. One 20 minute Jillan Michaels work out and a 11 minute SI6 ab work out.

My goal for calories is around 1200. I've been feeling really good about my eating. I've gotten to a point where I just am not as hungry so I can eat less and be full. So using the small dinner plates limiting my snacks to one a day some days occassionally I have to have two.

Another thing, I'm turning into a two martni a day drinker. I actually thinks this curbs some cravings for me. Relaxes me which I'm thinking has it's own health benefits regardless if they are fitness/weight related. lol

So anyways hope to be checking in again soon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2008 - 11:10am
Good to see you down here Gretchen-- and congrats on having a successful year so far! I'll be watching out for your updates.....

USVI

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2008 - 11:34am

Gretchen

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2008 - 9:56pm
Congrats on your slow and steady progress! Sounds like you are doing a great job!
The WeatherPixie

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2008 - 2:41pm

Hey Gretchen, great to see you down here!! It sounds like it's been a good year so far! Way to go! As for the Martinis - obviously that's what I've been doing wrong. I'm going to toss the red wine and go for martinis instead! LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2008 - 8:07pm
Dawson just keeps getting more handsome.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2008 - 8:51pm

So I walked a mile yesterday. Today is my day off but I feel kind of bad about it. Yes, I know I still could fix that but I'm already into my first martini and well just not gonna happen.

I ate great yesterday 1163 calories. Not so well today but ..... I was gonna say shouldn't be horrible but yep kind of bad.

*sigh* Martinis are relaxing and inturn healthfull. lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2008 - 11:06pm
Gretchen I am cracking up at you and your "Martini Diet" - you could write a book! LOL

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2008 - 11:18am

Oh how I've missed your humor Gretchen~

• but I'm already into my first martini and well just not gonna happen

LOL