Sonia's Sept.

iVillage Member
Sonia's Sept.
Sun, 09-07-2008 - 8:18pm
I'm a little late getting my journal started this month!
So far it has been the weekend that kept me going. I had a few short rides with D during the week and 2 good rides this weekend.
It will be tough to git in exercise this week, as I'm expecting long days at work and the morning are just too dark now! We are going out of town this weekend and between the fitness center and the walking, I should get plenty of exercise.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2008 - 9:42pm
I know what you mean about the mornings being dark now - I'm going to have to reaarange my workouts and do dvds in the mornings and maybe the gym in the evenings now...

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2008 - 10:07pm

It sounds like you all have been getting use out of those bikes Sonia!! And I know what you mean about those dark mornings - fall is just around the corner I guess!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2008 - 7:43pm
Good to hear the weekend went well Sonia... and now you have a weekend away to look forward to!

Mandy
cl-vi_islandgirl
Getting Fit in Your 30s

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2008 - 9:52pm
What a week...I knew it would bee a long work week! Mon. - Thursday I worked 11 hour days with no exercise. I'm still struggling with getting up before work. Friday I had planned on taking the day off until my boss told me that we had a scheduled lunch with the hotel manager, so I decided on a 1/2 day. It was a nice gesture..they wanted to thank me and show their appreciation for the work I have done on some new projects that keep popping up (and changing).., but my 1/2 day turned in to 6 hours.
When I did get home we headed to Snowshoe Mtn. for a race. Sat. I did get on the elliptical before we headed out, then after the start of the 4-wheeler race we took a paddle boat out on the lake. Dawson hit the pool after that and we were there for the rest of the day.
Today, I went for a 30 min. jog, we walked around until the motorcycle race started, then I got on a bicycle boat while the boys got on a paddle boat. I'm slightly over-done. I bought sun-block for D, but didn't think that I would need it for my face, since I was wearing a hat......MISTAKE.
I hope everyone had a great weekend.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2008 - 10:48pm
Sounds like an extremely busy week Sonia. Hope next week settles down for you but great job getting in some workouts this weekend.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 10:30am

You know Sonia, because you normally lead a pretty active life, I think that those times where you aren't working out because of your long hours are offset by all the activity you DO get in!

That was nice of them to show their appreciation - and they really SHOULD appreciate you! Here's to a less hectic week for you!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 4:02pm
I think the best purchase of the year was Dawson's mountain bike!! Today I asked him and his cousin if they wanted to ride while I went for a jog - I was planning on going to the end of the dirt road (about 4 miles). Not only did D and his cousin say yes, but David jumped on his bike too. I got to the end of the dirt road only to find that the boys had kept going..but I turned around and assumed that they would catch up, but I got home before that happened. I was worried that they went too far and Dawson wouldn't make it home, so I jumped in the truck to go check on them. They were only 1/4 of a mile from the driveway and Dawson just checked his water and said that he had enough to make it home. He NEVER would have made it that far on his old bike!
I had a 4 mile jog and the boys had a 6 mile bike ride!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 5:03pm

Sounds like a great time was had by all!! I'm so glad that Dawson is loving his bike!! Isn't it wonderful when they're old enough to really go out for a ride with you?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 6:47pm
That's terrific that Dawson is getting to really enjoy his new bike-- apparently you got it at the right time for you. And good for you and your 4mile jog =)

Mandy
cl-vi_islandgirl
Getting Fit in Your 30s

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2008 - 9:15am
That is AWESOME that you were able to include Dawson

Pages