Miranda's October Journal

iVillage Member
Miranda's October Journal
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 5:37pm

Okay, well the end of September and beginning of October haven't been great. I had to kick my son out of the house after he didn't come home for a number of days. I changed the locks and met with him for coffee and explained that until he was back at school for a full week, and was ready to show me that he was committed to his education and making positive changes, he couldn't come home. I gave him a bus pass, and gift certificates for food and he has been staying at his friends houses.

It was, bar none, the hardest decision I have ever had to make but I really believe that if I don't let him hit rock bottom now while he's still a youth, he is likely to hit rock bottom as an adult where there aren't as many supports available to him. He has been going to school this week which is a big improvement and I am hoping that by the end of the week he will be able to come home, but it is a battle of wills and it's a fight I can't afford to lose because if he doesn't get his high school education he puts himself at a huge disadvantage.

So of course I'm have been eating horribly, and not exercising as I'm just feeling totally exhausted. PLUS the house is in total disarray because my floors are being done, and they under ordered the flooring so now

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 7:18pm
I hope your son will understand that you mean business.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 9:58pm

Oh Miranda.... I knew you had changed the locks on him last week, but didn't realize it had gone on (that he was out of the house) all week. I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this, and then the floors just add to it. I'd recommend more than A glass of wine!!

Perhaps this month we could start a "de-stress" thread..... think I'll go do that when done with the journal section.

HUGGGGS to you dear friend, HUGS!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 1:17am

huge hugs Miranda!

Hugs~ Lexi

"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars" ~ Les Brown

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 10:47am

Thanks ladies. I hope that after today Matt will be back at home and we can sort out the issues that led to him leaving. I do want him to gain more independance, but he has to learn that it comes with responsibility. Sighhhh.

Anyhoo, also had a date night with the guy I met at Starbucks. Annnddddd, well this story has taken a tragic turn. LOL. I am not going to get into ALL the details, but this is a 37 year old guy who is only working part-time, has a one bedroom apartment with a single bed, can barely afford to buy himself dinner let alone buy my dinner on a date and while we're talking about gun control last night he is telling me how he would like to build an awesome house and booby trap it so that the gun would 'totally shoot through the wall'. Okayyyyyyyy. Are you five? Oh lord. Anways, my own child is giving me enough grief, I sure don't need another one. lol Why are the pretty ones so dumb?? ;-)

But I do have another date for coffee this evening with someone else so I will see how that goes. keep your fingers crossed! LOL

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 7:47pm

Oh dear about the starbucks guy... funny, but oh dear. I'd be like you.... out the door.... and onto someone else. Good for you. Hope it goes well, well at least better with this guy ;-)
(I did sent you *something* in leather on FB if he doesn't reach your expectations!!)

Good luck with Matt too, I'll be thinking of you!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-05-2008 - 10:43pm

Why are the pretty ones so dumb?? ;-)

Oh so true! rofl Hope the next date went better and everything is going smooth with Matt. "Tough love" is so hard for parents to follow through on and I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns Miranda!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 10:49am

Well weekend was good in some ways not so good in others! LOL

First - date was great - we met for coffee and talked for quite a while. He is a huge hockey fan so we had to discuss everything under the sun about the upcoming season. He's got a good job, is quite good looking, and we just had no problems chatting. We are hoping to find time to see each other again, but our schedules are looking fairly busy for the next few weeks. He is also an avid gym goer - wayyyyyyyyy more avid than I! LOL

Second, yes Matt is home. We will see how it goes. This week will really be a test. He has gotten quite a cold/cough while away and so needs to get some rest this week.

Third - we bought the Wii and Wii Fit. My sister and bil came up to provide some moral support and we played all Saturday night! We had wine, beer, and junk food and we we boxed and hula hooped the night away! LOL We were all stiff the next day and could barely move! LOL

So food was crap, no real exercise except the wii, but it was a good weekend overall and hopefully my month can get back on track. I think I've gained loads of weight and I need to get back to some healthier habits!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 2:44pm
Congrats on your Wii and Wii Fit - I hear they are great fun! I KNOW I've gained loads of weight this past month (actually

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 9:41pm
Here's to a great week ahead Miranda..... Saturday night sounded like a blast!!

iVillage's *Staying Ahead of Breast Cancer*

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-07-2008 - 10:45am

Monday October 6

A good on track day. I think that I really have to concentrate on keeping myself on track to stay healthy as I feel a cold coming on, and I think that there are some issues with Matt that are likely to rear their ugly head this month and it is going to take a lot to get through it. Did some more Wii while I was doing the laundry - actually didn't watch any tv all evening because I was doing that instead!

Exercise:

Pages