Cher's October

iVillage Member
Cher's October
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 12:20pm

Yes, it's me. The one and only. Y'know, one day I'd like to disappear from this board because I've lost all the weight and only revisiting to say hi. LOL. One day. But until then, I'm here again.

I'll probably start the Couch-to-5k running program. It's designed to be a 9 week program, but I'm way overweight, and we need to be real. I gave myself 15 weeks to train. That gives me

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 1:00pm

Hey Cher!!! I'm so glad you decided to pop back in!! You with the fancy new haircut! LOL Anyways, it's a great time to start the running program - the weather isn't too hot, and all those holiday goodies are around the corner, so there's some good motivation to get moving!!

Welcome back!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 2:49pm
Hey Cher - I posted to you above too - Welcome Back!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 4:34pm
I can't say I'd call it fancy....but okay. hehehe. Thanks for the w/b. :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 6:57pm

They look like great goals to start yourself back on the wagon with!!!

I like how you've broken them down too-- it's realistic. I mean we can certainly have long term goals (5K)-- or even medium goals (per month)-- but really (IMO) the ones that count, for the moment, are the weekly goals-- good for you.

Now just so you know there will be search parties if you go MIA ;-)

iVillage's *Staying Ahead of Breast Cancer*

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2008 - 5:32pm

15 Week Goals (this starts Sunday)
-exercise 3 times this week (start 5k training program)
-eat half the amount of sweets of last week
-strength train once
-cut out soda (or drink diet)
-eat 3/4 the amount of food I am eating now

Well, I was all ready to go running on Sunday, start this week off right, when I took Koji out to do his thing and BAM!!! Santa Ana's. Which means, no being outside for me. The Santa Ana's (as we call them) originate from the desert and are often hot and dry and bring with it all the pollen and dust it can blow our way. Which means, my allergies are the worst at this time. By the time I got back in the house, I was in a big sneezing fit. Which lasted all day. Bleah. Talk about being worn out. So, no work for me Monday, and I shut myself in the house. Even DH was nice enough to come home and take the dogs out for me. I took Koji out at 9am yesterday, I was miserable for 2 hours. :( I HATE those winds.

So, I'm still recovering. I'm at work today, and dried up and tired. We'll see how tomorrow morning goes.

On the upside. I have been drinking more water and only diet soda. Still working on the sweets, but have been eating less. Yay. Otherwise, I haven't done a darn thing. I hate when nature throws you a curve ball. lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2008 - 5:52pm

I had never heard of those before! How yucky! Hopefully everything clears out soon for you in the air and in your nose ;-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2008 - 9:01pm
I've been watching them.... BC's up there right now with family (Overlook??-- is that somewhere over there?)-- anyways.... sorry to hear that they've been affecting you..... at least it's not fires.... stay safe.... and indoors away from the winds!! (I have other winds to worry about.... "Omar"-- see it's not always paradise living in the warmer climates!....) Good job on the water and diet sodas!!

iVillage's *Staying Ahead of Breast Cancer*

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-15-2008 - 10:16am

Cher that sucks! I see that a few of our warm weather ladies are dealing with horrible weather patterns right now!

BUT you did get out for a bit of a walk and great job on cutting back on the sodas and sweets!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2008 - 11:44am

Oops, kinda fell off the wagon there. But getting back on.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-28-2008 - 2:04pm

Cher - that's AWESOME about cutting out the sodas and going for the diet. Sometimes that's a hard adjustment for people to make.

Hopefully the weather cooperates for you to start your 5K training next week. I should start too! lol

Pages