IG's November Journal

iVillage Member
IG's November Journal
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 6:53pm

Saturday, November 1

A great day to start off the month- well productive at least. Not a great food day- slept well and didn't get up until after 8.30- got things done around the house, did my Yoga dvd and had a late breakfast. After a small nap I ran errands - back home, late lunch and then out to meet a friend for happy hour. What she didn't tell me that a friend who used to live here (now in TX) is here for the weekend!! Boy I was surprised. Keith arrived, we stayed a little longer and then home. We didn't watch the movies, again.... but were in bed before midnight!!

Food
B: coffee, cheese omelette
L: chicken stir fry
S: humus w/pita bread
....no dinner! Oopsie....

Exercise
Sat: 50min Yoga

10 Things to do in November
Buy a plant
Make a pot of soup
Stretch- I really am going to try & do some daily stretching
Assess your beverage intake
Kill germs- am obsessive about handwashing!!
Drink green tea- I drink about 20oz each day in school
Start your Christmas shopping-

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 7:30pm
Sunday, November 2

Just had a really relaxing day! For some reason (may have been that we were in bed before midnight)-- we got up before 8am-- (and there's no time change here, so that wasn't the reason)- had coffee, and met some friends for breakfast. Home- lazed around and watched a couple of movies. This evening K ordered pizza, even got it delivered. Going to hop into the shower and sit back on the couch..... like I said, relaxing ;-)

Food
B: coffee, scrambled eggs, sausage, b'fast potatoes

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 8:13pm

Sounds like a great relaxing day!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2008 - 10:42am

What a great weekend IG! What a surprise about your friend! Good start to November!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2008 - 3:39pm

Yes, we had a great time hanging out with her on Saturday night.... it's been well over a year since I've seen her and was completely shocked when I turned around and saw her. Apparently my face was priceless!!

She's gone off sailing to Antigua now for 2 weeks, not sure if she's stopping back here on the way home though.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2008 - 8:02pm
Monday, November 3

Having Keith here all weekend was nice, but boy is is nice to have the house to myself once again. LoL~ anyway, school was ok- though I did have to send 2 more (repeat cases) home with lice. (And I did an olive oil treatment on myself this evening, just to be safe!!) We had an impromptu meeting after school, luckily it was short.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2008 - 1:56pm
Wow!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2008 - 2:36pm
Looks like November is off to a good start for you! We have the same exercise minute goal - uh... but you actually have some completed minutes on your ticker! LOL

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-05-2008 - 6:32am
Tuesday, November 4

Ick~ one of those days. Classroom was cRaZy, we even had a shelf topple over in the afternoon (a 5yr old leaned on it.... doubt he'll do it again though!)- we have a tough group this year. A lot of challenges. Keeps us busy. After school we had a meeting, a frustrating one.... about scheduling MORE meetings. WTF??? I was so over it all by 5pm I went and met Keith out for happy hour... and ended up doing shots! Hmmmm.... stressed maybe? Anyway- home with food to go, and slept well.
Here's to today being

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-05-2008 - 1:06pm

Ohhhh my cyber-drinking-buddy-IG.... I feel your pain. One of my girlfriends was over last night watching the election returns drinking with me last night. We were up til 2am and then I had to get up at 5:45 to get me and the kids ready for the day. I AM DYING!!! lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-06-2008 - 6:31am
Wednesday, November 5

The day started off rocky- not feeling so well after being out the night before and then when I found an egg on a child the Mom had the cheek to say "can't you just let that one slide" (keep in mind I did NOT go through the whole head-- so if I had I may have found more than that one....) I was so peeved at her, plus there were other parents standing right there!! I sent them home!
However.... we had 6 kids out, and the day was lovely. I had a chance to actually sit and concentrate on the lessons I gave. We had our parent ed. night last night- good turn out- after that one of the other teachers and I went out for a dinner and drinks (to K's bar)-- home at about 10pm, long day. Slept well.... and am SO ready to wrap up this week!!

Food
B: coffee, toast w/jam
S: veggies w/dip
L: turkey & cheese sandwich
S: peach, yogurt
D: (very garlicky) pasta w/chicken
*2 beers

Exercise
Mon: 40min walk
Tues: nothing
Wed: nothing

10 Things to do in November
Buy a plant
Make a pot of soup
Stretch- I really am going to try & do some daily stretching
Assess your beverage intake
Kill germs- am obsessive about handwashing!!
Drink green tea- I drink about 20oz each day in school
Start your Christmas shopping-

Pages