L's Journal

iVillage Member
L's Journal
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 8:05am

Time to start a new journal! I didn't stick with my plans when I first started posting here this summer. I'm not happy, since I really don't feel my best. I know my biggest downfall is making food choices that are not healthy. I don't diet, but I can certainly make better choices. Today my goal is to go to the grocery store and pick up some healthier choices.

Exercise has been lacking too. I have everything I need to exercise at home, but I just never do. The gym that I work out at is over an hour away from my house, so most of the time when I'm done what I need to do in that city, I just want to get home. HOWEVER - I have everything I need to exercise at home......so really, there is no excuse here.

So overall, I want to eat healthier. I find that whole grain products don't work well with me. I know they are great for you, but I just don't enjoy them at all. I can get my fibre and carbs from other sources. As far as exercise goes, tonight I will do my weights program. No excuses.

Here's to a new me!

L.

iVillage Member
In reply to: peeps_10
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 10:24am

Hey Peeps!! Have you tried mixing up your whole grains with non-whole grains? I know there are a few products out there like whole wheat pasta, or flour, or pancake mix that I will mix half and half.

Anyways, good luck on the new eating plan!! Food is my downfall right now too - so we will have to try to keep each other on track!

Here's to a great November/December!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 5:52pm
Hope you had a GREAT day and nothing, nothing at all derailed you!!
Good to see you again =)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 6:49pm

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I'm ready to start working out tonight. Day 1 of the plan, yippee! My goal is to do the best I can, and never give up. That's my biggest downfall.

I'm happy to report that since posting, I have been making much better food choices! Even when I'm hungry and need a snack, I always choose something healthier, even though it might require me to put a little effort into the whole process, hee hee! No more being lazy!

Talk to you all soon,
L.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 7:19pm
Yep.... this taking care of ourselves DOES require some effort on our part! Enjoy your workout this evening....