Cher's December Journal

iVillage Member
Cher's December Journal
Mon, 12-01-2008 - 5:34pm

December

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2008 - 8:16pm

Good luck on seeing & talking to your physician Cher.... you know your body well, and if you feel that you should get some outside help in either figuring things out, or ruling things out- then that's what you must do. Keep us posted.

As for the snow..............
I'm going to do something with the kids- like tag instead ;-)

Mandy
.....getting ready for the holidays!

cl-vi_islandgirl

Getting Fit in Your 30s

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-02-2008 - 10:26am

Hey Cher, sorry to hear that you are having a rough time - BUT you ARE getting out for walks, and you HAVE cut down on sodas which is all great news!

Good idea about checking in with the docs to rule out any medical issues and just getting to talk to someone.

Have you thought about trying a plan that cuts out processed sugars? I did notice yesterday you were high in that and I know that some days where I'm craving sweets and I give into it (usually a healthy combo of sugar, chocolate, and carbs does the trick, lol) and then I really do have this huge emotional and physical crash that I feel I literally have to drag myself out of. Staying away or trying to stay away from too much of that stuff does help me keep on a more even keel.

Anyways, hugs to you!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2008 - 10:33pm
Hi Cher - just wanted to let you know I'm cheering for you. I just restarted the Couch to 5K program this week myself!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2008 - 2:02pm

Hi and thanks everyone. Miranda, never thought about cutting out refined sugars. Or sugars at all. Are you crazy?!?! Oops, sorry, that escaped. lol. I'm gonig to start the Isagenix thing on Monday, so that'll be a jumpstart to cutting out all the crappola I've been eating. Vanessa, I now have 8.5 weeks. AUGH. I need to start walking at least. I'd liek to finish it in under 60 mins (as a walk). Good luck with

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2008 - 2:48pm
Okay Cher - I'll be watching to see you update us on your walks tonight and tomorrow!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2008 - 12:28pm

I'm with Vanessa on Cher-walk patrol! LOL

Have you ever thought about looking into yoga at a yoga studio? I know it's just something else to add to your day BUT when I was doing a yoga class at night I slept better, I felt better and it did wonders for my stress level.

And as for the cutting out sugars, yes I MUST be crazy for suggesting that! LOL You don't have to cut them out but try every chance you get to mix those processed sugars/grains with whole grain or natural sweetener alternatives.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-06-2008 - 11:32am

I was going to mention Yoga too.... Miranda got there first ;-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 2:18pm

I did get my walks in. I really didn't want to do that one the first night, but took Koji and just went. I also got a walk in the next day, about 45 mins. Went around a very large block. lol. Koji seemed happy, and I felt good. Been sleeping like the dead, but waking up feeling like I just lied down. Bleah. DH and I also walked around a lot. doing shopping and just to walk. After dinner, we used to cruise the malls or what now, but lately, we've been going home (broke and dog). felt good to walk after dinner.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 2:53pm

Have fun at jury duty! lol

Good job getting in those walks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 4:33pm

Great job on getting out for those walks Cher!! Hope that Jury duty isn't too stressful for you and GOOD LUCK on that exam!!

Pages