Cher's February

iVillage Member
Cher's February
Wed, 02-04-2009 - 6:59pm

I want to cry. Seriously. I have NEVER been this obese in my life. And yes, I do mean obese. I am at a whopping 179. Hit 180 the other day. Ladies, I'm 5'1" this is NOT good for my body in a multitude of ways. I am posting a recent photo of me. :( So you can all beat me to exercise and eat better. Not sure what I'll journal here as I'm journaling in my planner. But I'll come in and say if I've had a good week or not.

On the upside, soda consumption is down. And when I do drink it, it's typically diet. I figure, it's an easy place to cut 100 calories or more. I've also decided to eat only one burger a week and have fried food once a week. I am not counting french fries as fried, so if I have a burger, fries, and coke, that's it for the week. It's been good. I've been eating more chicken (not fried) or salads, or sandwiches. Which is a good start. It also forces me to plan my eating a bit.

I have started walking. I am thinking 30 min in the morning, 30 at night should be doable. Even bought a reflective leash so ppl can see me. Now, to get out, do it consistently, and do some strength training and stretching. Sigh. This has gotten BAD.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-04-2009 - 8:39pm

I'll be on your butt Missy.... here, FB.... you might even get a couple of emails!!

YOU CAN DO THIS- yes, cutting back on the burgers will need to be done, increased activity- on the agenda. Each morning wake up, and the first thing you say is "today I will be strong"-- start the practice tomorrow ;-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 10:53am

First of all - Cher - you're beautiful!

Good luck with your goals. A lot of the stuff I've been reading

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 2:50pm

Hey Cher, first of all, you don't at all look like you are 180. You are one of those lucky people who seem to carry weight well.

Secondly, we won't beat your butt. But I can nag like nobody's business. Trust me. Ask my son. It's not pretty LOL

You've made some good choices to make changes with. And I know from FB that you are looking at Bikram. Try it. Try different things. If you don't like a type of exercise no matter how much you know you need it, you won't do it. Find something that makes your body happy. And then keep reminding yourself that it makes your body happy. For some reason our brains forget how good we feel when we work out.

And I hate to tell you but you need to count those french fries as fried. Even if that maybe means changing what your limits are. You can't reclassify foods so they fit into your plan, because pretty soon you start allowing all sorts of things in and making excuses. Be a bit tough with yourself, you can do this!! (see there I go getting all cheerleady again, LOL).

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 6:54pm

First, I love Snoopy :)

I like that, wake up and say "today I will be strong" and instead of going back to bed, maybe take the dog for a walk. Gawd, I have been tired. Not sure if it's weight, or other things. Been so busy at work and all that fun joyful stuff. School started too. BUT, as Miranda said, I think I will try the Bikram yoga. :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 6:56pm

Thanks Vanessa,

That's what i was thinking. Do the basics. Or at least, make being healthy, basic. Walk, instead of run. Eat less junk, fried foods, red meat, etc. I figure, if I can start taking better care of my face/skin, I can do it for the rest of me too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 7:16pm

Y'know, you and Mandy are beginning to scare me. And you're a mom, and therefore, nagging comes natural by now. SCARY!

Although I am lucky, I think it also makes me not think too much about it, because I kinda have the same body shape at any weight, I'm just a bit wider/rounder/squishier, LOL. I think it can also be a curse. Y'know, complacency.

And yes yes Mom, I am counting fries as fried. :P I changed it. I realized I was cheating. See, I was being good. And I love fries. I can do this....

and just for you.........thanks for being my cheerleader.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 2:57pm

ROTFLMAO

Seriously. I am laughing my a$$ right off. And not in that cheerleader-y way.

You are too funny.

Now I WISH I had legs like that. LOL

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 3:10pm

Oh, I just had to. lol. I think I did a fairly good job. Looks like it's you. I wish I had a pic of you yelling, would've been even funnier.

Thanks for being my cheerleader. Lunch time. Probably a sandwich and not much else. We don't have much in the house. lol

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-08-2009 - 2:58pm

Love that picture you did of Miranda!! Funny.... and yes, totally looks like it's her!

Hope you're having a good, on-track weekend.
YOU CAN DO THIS =)

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 6:21pm
So far, so good. No walking (due to rain), but I did do the Bikram yoga on Sunday for 90 mins. I also did my Wii Fit this morning for about 30 mins (various things). Foods, eh, I've been better, but doing well. The weekend was filled with a LOT of GOOD food, but after the yoga, I felt it was all burned off. Probably not though. lol.

Pages