Cher's March Madness

iVillage Member
Cher's March Madness
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 8:23pm

Guess I'll follow suit with the clover. :) Anyhow, here I am. March. I completed my Feb minutes easy with the 90min yoga sessions. But this month, it's back to walking and running (if I can). I already went out this morning and plan to walk Koji around the "block" (it's about 1.5 miles around the block) tonight. Seriously, I need to lose weight, big time. For Hawaii and other things. lol. Or at least to fit in my shorts for Hawaii.

So, I've reset my ticker, put up a new siggie (thanks for the gaelic Mandy), and off we go. Oh, I've upped my time, to include 20 min a day of anything, and 90 mins on Saturday's for yoga. We'll see how I do. With youga, 500 was too easy.

Goals is exercise everyday (I don't care if it's a 20 min walk). I'm doing the Couch-to-5k, we'll see how my body handles my jogging. I'm only jogging on grass, so at least it's soft. DH said Koji was mellow at lunch, so maybe this will help me NOT have to go home as often (save money on gas and tolls). I will probably do Bikram yoga maybe once a week. I think it'll help at the end of the week to loosen me up.

That's me for march. Oh, been doing good on the one burger a week and one fried thing a week. And sadly, I can no longer really handle much fried food anyways. lol. Okay, it's a good thing. Now, for March, I'm going to cut out evening snacking, except for weekends (we're typically out, so it's easier NOT to snack anyways).

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 10:41am

Nice spring siggie!

Looks like some good goals Cher - I'm only doing the yoga once a week as well. I figure it's a nice way to end the week and usually Geoff and I can manage to fit in a class together at least once a week.

Here's to a fabulous March!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 2:30pm

Yay. Went walking with Koji this morning, and worked on a bit of training at the same time. He should be TIRED today. I'm debating on not going home, but we have agility tonight.

That's another 35 mins to add. but boy am I tired!!!! Didn't sleep well last night. Sigh.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-04-2009 - 9:52pm

Love the sig!!!

Sounds like you're in the game for the month ahead. And GREAT going getting out there this morning, hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!

Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-04-2009 - 9:53pm

Great job getting the walk in.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-05-2009 - 12:49pm

Thanks everyone, you guys are always so supportive.

I went walking this morning. Around the block, with the big hill last. When I went with DH the other night, it took us 45 min (maybe I timed it wrong, because...). This time it took me about 30. I have to bring a camera next time I go, when I start reaching the top of the hill, I can see the mountains, it was so purdy this morning. I also need to bring treats to calm Koji down. Having him pull me all over the place wasn't helping my form.

On the upside, DH went to the close yoga place and got me a gift certificate for a

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-05-2009 - 8:45pm

Oooooh, that sounds like a great deal, and then some. Yay!

Is TOM anywhere near? I usually add a few about a week before "it" arrives....

Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-06-2009 - 10:26am

Cher, that is a FANTASTIC deal!! What a great hubby you have! I would definitely take advantage of that! Great job on the walk too! Sounds like you are having a good week.

I agree with IG - TOM always seems to add a few pounds so maybe that's it?

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-07-2009 - 11:18am

TOM is due in another 1.5 weeks. Do you think it could be that early (gaining weight part)? Today, I went for a walk TWICE around the big block. That's about 3 miles or so. Okay, maybe not that long. I think I'd have to walk 2.25 to get a 5k. But that was about a 60 min walk, and then I washed dishes and cleaned up the kitchen for another 45 mins. :) And off I go today. :) woohoo. I feel great! Let's keep this up. Oh, my doc told me to run, but since I did the other day, my back has been killing me, so I'm trying to stick to walking for now. My goal is once around the block, but twice is better.

Have a good weekend. I'll check back Monday. Tomorrow I'm going to go to yoga at the new place. Then probalby go next Sat and buy the package. Cool. It IS a great deal. Otherwise, I soooo wouldn't go.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-08-2009 - 12:33pm

Cher, maybe you just ate high sodium foods, or something that is having you retain some water. Anyways, hope you are having a great weekend! Let us know how the new yoga place is!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-08-2009 - 9:34pm
Yay on all the walking Cher-- that's great!!
Hope the remainder of the weekend went well, and that you enjoyed the Yoga class.

Community Leader for

Pages