Cher's Jenny Craig Journal

iVillage Member
Cher's Jenny Craig Journal
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 5:02pm

Since I'm blogging most of the same thing, I'm going to just make this a general journal. In my siggie, is a link to my blog for those who want to follow it that way. You can either subscribe via the RSS symbol or via Blogger.com

Here's what I wrote for today. I'll try to update this weekly to talk about my weigh-in's and food. :)

I'm going to track my JC journey here. I'll try to post at least once a week on my weigh-in days to keep you updated on my weight progress. Otherwise, it could get old hearing about what I'm eating 6 times a day. I'll probably write more about my struggles, hurdles, and triumphs. With that.....

I weighed in at 179.6 yesterday at JC. My goal weight is 125 (or less, I'd like less, but 125 is a great place to be). My halfway point is 152. At the halfway mark, you start to ween yourself off the JC food. I may ask to get down to 140-145 before that, since at 152 that's where I was and still struggling. I'd like to pass that point first, THEN start my maintenance. We'll see though.

Onto yesterday's recap:

Well, I have to admit, the food is actually pretty good. I'm rating all the different things as I eat them, and I'm surprised at how tasty they really are. Okay, the few things I ate. I had a bad case of acid reflux yesterday and I don't know if it's from the food, or if it was a bad day. Usually, if I take a Prilosec, I'm okay, but not yesterday. Augh. It was horrible.

My morning breakfast was an instant oatmeal (maple flavored). Just add water and go. I was supposed to add a fruit to it, but I didn't have any food yet, so I ate that. It reminds me of the Quaker Oats instant oatmeal that I eat, so no biggie.

Snacks can be one of their "anytime" bars or 8oz nonfat yogurt. I chose the yogurt. Although, I am eating Yoplait, I wonder if it was supposed to be plain. Oops.

Lunch was a Southwestern Burrito in a wheat tortilla. It was yummy! Seriously, I didn't think it'd be that good. I was surprised.

Snack 2 was a small smores bar. I was thinking it was going to be like one of those dry bleah protein bars. Actually, it had a nougat filling and was crispy and yummy. Again, small, but not bad at all.

Dinner was penne pasta. This was the first dish that I felt was okay. Not bad, not great. Since I forgot my paper at home, I couldn't recall what I was supposed to eat it with (just a spinach salad), so I had a garden salad. I need to figure out what portions I'm supposed to eat with the salads.

Snack 3 was to be a fruit, but because I had agility, I skipped it and went to bed.

Overall, not bad. When I started to feel hungry it was snack time. I went shopping at lunch to get some fruits and veggies. $30, not bad. So far, the weeks food is about $125. A bit high, but considering all that I'm eating, I don't think it's that bad and again, this is more about convenience and portions.

Now, to get the exercise back in. They're suggesting 30 mins of something you enjoy, at a moderate level, three times a week. I think I will start with that. Like many of you have said, too many changes all at once isn't good.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 7:07pm

Just posting so I have something somewhere that shows me my stats in one place since I will be adding to this thread. :) You can skip this if you want.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 6:19pm

I have to say, I like the desserts and that I get them every other day. It helps with my sweet tooth. Today, I also got something akin to Cheetoh's. not bad, helped my salty fix. :) So far, so good. lost 1lb, but honestly, I don't really count those, cuz it could so easily come back. Tomorrow I am golfing then have dog training. No yoga. I wanted to go today, at 6am. Was I crazy, or what? I then planned on going at 2:30pm, but my acid reflux was acting up. I think the culprit is the southwest burrito. if you rcall, that's what I ate on the first day and had bad acid reflux at the time too. Sheesh.

Anyhow, that's me right now. So far so good. Oh, weigh-ins are on Wednesday evenings. Bad time, but oh well, only time that's really convenient for me.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-05-2009 - 9:55pm

Sounds like this plan is working for you Cher!! Even with your hectic schedule making exercise difficult, at least you are certain to keep the calories under control with the JC plan.

Can't wait to hear what the results are at your weigh ins!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 4:07pm

Unofficially, I am down 2lbs as of today. :) Yay for me. I also am slacking on my yoga. I really need to go before I waste all that money. i golfed on saturday, that was awesome. I miss golfing. My HRM said I burned 650 calories. And that is why golfing used to keep my weight in check, w/o me having to exercise. I mean, that was for 1 hour 45 minutes. We're typically playing for about 5 hours. Let's see...if I do the math..that's about 1900 calories. I just need to get in the groove of walking/stretching/weights/yoga. ;) Still not in the groove. Also, been sleeping badly, so that's not helping.

And just for the record, yes, I've been cheating. However, I have been keeping my cheating to, "1 cookie, 1 bite, 1 this, 1 that". not overdoing it, and defnitley saying no to more things. Having a hard time breaking my snacking while bored bit. Sigh.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 5:01pm
I love your food review! I always wondered what the food actually tasted like!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 6:30pm

I know. My Aunt did it years ago and she said it wasn't that great. So far, I have had maybe 1 thing I wouldn't eat again, and maybe 3 things that I'd eat, but eh, could do w/o. That's about, what, 14 meals? They're really not that bad. But then again, my palate isn't exactly refined (a reason I can eat it?). lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 10:00pm

That's GREAT that you're doing JC Cher-- I've always wondered about that food too, so thank you for the reviews ;-)
This might be just the ticket for you. No thinking or 'making' dinners, breakfasts.... lunches and snacks. All that thinking and defining done for you. Yay!!

Good Luck ~~ I'll be on the watchout for updates!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-08-2009 - 11:51pm
Well, it's been 9 days. The food is really good, yes, there are things I don't care for. However, most of it is really good. I still love that I get a dessert type thing every other day. You add veggies and fruits, but overall, I don't mind. We tend to eat frozen veggies anyways, and it's so easy to microwave. I'm becoming the microwave queen. And the queen of fruits, veggies, and salads. lol.

So, here we go.

Weigh-in on March 30: 179.6
Weign-in on April 8: 177.4

Total lost 2.2 lbs (or as I was told, 1 kilo). lol.

Honestly, I feel I could've done better. I've been snacking on things, albeit, one bite of dessert. And for me, that's progess. I walked only once, but golfed 9 on Saturday. Need to do more exercise and I think the weight will start to fall off. I also think my body needs to adjust to a 1200 calorie diet.

I'm really happy with the 2.2lb weight loss. And that TOM is coming up next week, maybe I will lose a bit more. Also, as my body adjusts, we'll see. I'm staying positive and will be doing yoga and walking this coming week.

Easter is Sunday and I won't be eating my JC stuff, however, I will be making smarter choices and watch the desserts (small serving, not a big cake). I'm beginning to see what portions really should be and I'm amazed.

The one nice thing about JC, not once in the past 9 days, have I felt STUFFED!!! Like I was before after any meal we'd eat that was "cooked/prepared".

Yay for me. Time to update my ticker. Woohoo.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 11:59am
Glad to hear everything is still going well with JC -- good job!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 12:04pm

Well it sounds like everything is going well on the plan!! And I'm so jealous that you are out there golfing!! I plan to do more of that this year for sure!

Congrats on the weight loss so far!!!

Pages