Needing advice

iVillage Member
Needing advice
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 3:57pm
Hello All-
My name is Lindsey and I'm 32 and I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope with eating healthy and working out. I lost my job that I LOVED about a year and a half ago and have not been able to find full time work. I'm working part-time, but I wish it was full time. Financially we've making every sacrifice we can to make our life more comfortable (even downsizing to 1 car) and we're doing on, but it has not been easy! My husband and I have been trying to conceive, only to find out I have Endometriosis and he has a very low sperm count. We start fertility treatments in 2 weeks. With our ages and our conditions, our Dr.'s feel if we want more than one child we need to start now! All these things have really taken a toll on me. I'm tired all the time and struggle just to walk the dog every day. I actually like mild exercise, but I cannot get motivated. I'm extremely embarrassed about my body and I don't even enjoy getting dressed to go out...probably why I don't get dressed to go workout. I'm a size 12 and my twin sister is a size 4. Last week we went to FL to visit my Dad and I wore a cover-up the entire time at the beach. If someone talked to me the way I talked to myself, I would never want to be friends with that person. I've heard all the advice and I know what it takes...but for some reason I can't do it. I'm tired of the battle.
iVillage Member
In reply to: lws77
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 9:18pm

Hi Lindsey, and welcome to the board!

You know with starting fertility treatment it might be a good idea to talk to your doc to see what sort of advice they can offer you on losing some weight. I don't know what the restrictions on activity are, or if there are any, when one is going through that.... so any advice I offer may not be the right one.

It's probably fine to keep up your moderate walking, with the dog.... talk to your doctor, explain your concerns and hopefully they can offer some (professional) words of wisdom.

There is a wonderful group of ladies here-- lots of encouragement. For example; did you get out with the pup today? How was it?

Again, welcome to the board =)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 2:45pm

Welcome to the Board Lindsey!

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Have you tried any at-home workout dvds? I know I've got quite a collection that I can grab when the mood hits me.

Have you also thought about talking to someone professionally if you're insurance covers it? You are going and will

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-15-2009 - 10:49am

Linsday, welcome to the board! You sure have a lot on your plate right now and I'm sending you some hugs because I know what it feels like to think you are at the end of your rope. You know we are our own worst critics and I think the first step is to show yourself some kindness. You have such a lot on your plate right now that you've just let your health slide to the backburner. That's not an awful thing, it happens to everyone, but it's certainly no reason to beat yourself up over it. I think Mandy is right about checking with your doc at your next appointment about what he thinks a good next step would be. Taking that little pup for a walk is a great way to get fit - and Vanessa is our resident DVD queen so look to her for some advice on which DVDs are good to do at home!

Coming to a supportive board like ours can certainly help in the motivation department too! These women are all wonderful!