Miranda's July Journal

iVillage Member
Miranda's July Journal
Thu, 07-02-2009 - 10:56am

July 1

My goals are to lose 15 pounds by the end of August.

Had a great day off yesterday! Went for a run, went to the gym, visited my gram, did some shopping and got some fabulous new shoes and hit the driving range! A perfect holiday day!

Exercise:

31 Minute Run
32 Minutes Gym
30 MInutes Driving Range

Food:

Breakfast: Chia Seed w/water, Smoothie
Snack: Cantaloupe
Lunch: Veggie Burger w/wasabi mayonaise
Dinner: BBQ Chicken Leg, Edamame & Black Bean salad, potatos
Dessert: Cantaloupe

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-03-2009 - 9:40am
WOW - What a freaking well-rounded awesome day Miranda! 15 pounds by the end of August? Good luck - that's dedication!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-03-2009 - 10:53am

July 2

Well a bit of a slip up around dinner, but not bad. TOM started, and had to work late plus get Matt to his last appointment for his paperwork for his program! Yay! He should be going in around the 14th of the month! Still no cookies or other bad snacks which has really been my downfall!

Exercise:

0 Minutes

Food:

Breakfast: Chia Seed w/water, Smoothie
Snack: Cantaloupe
Lunch: Edamame & Black Bean Salad, Yogurt
Dinner: Lemongrass Beef Vermicelli bowl, Spring Rolls, Green Onion Cake
Dessert: Nothing

Coffees: 1 triple cappuccino (non-fat), 1 cup regular coffee w/vanilla creamer

Water: 64 oz

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-06-2009 - 11:20am

July 3-5

Food wasn't great since it was the weekend and I was a bit off schedule. But I did get a run in, plus a gym workout on Saturday and then I made it to yoga on Sunday!! So a good exercise weekend!

Exercise:

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-13-2009 - 12:06pm

Well haven't really journalled, but shockingly I'm doing okay!

I've been running (Vanessa, I'm up to week 5 and can almost do that 20 minute run without a break! I did take a 45 sec break at the 10 minute mark last time, whoo hoo)!!

I'm cutting out snacks by keeping mini yogurt (the dessert selection from Source yogurt - lemon meringue, raspberry cobbler, YUM!!) and watermelon to snack on.

I'm down a couple of pounds,

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-15-2009 - 11:20am
Such all-around great news Miranda - weight loss, 20 min straight running, good dates, and Matt's progress! I bet you're feeling great!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-16-2009 - 11:15am

Yup!! Well things slid a little while I was in Calgary - junk food in the car - but Matt is now out at the wilderness program and settled in. It is beautiful out there! I hope this is exactly what he needs to turn things around.

Back to the gym today, and starting on week 6!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-17-2009 - 11:31am

Okay Week 6 was weird. Back to intervals but for a couple of minutes longer. No problem!! LOL BUT I did go and have Kentucky Fried Chicken. I haven't had that in years, and I had this huge craving for it. LOL

But I did eat reasonably well the rest of the day!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-20-2009 - 11:18am

Okay well this month hasn't been a total waste! I'm down to 139 pounds from a high of 143 at the start of hte month. And I'm running fairly regularly and am now just finishing up Week 6.

I'm eating better too - meaning that I'm not having a chocolate bar a day. I found a new treat! Source yogurt has a dessert selection (lemon meringue, raspberry crumble, etc.) and I mix that with a bit of fat free cool whip - YUM!

My goal for the next two weeks is to eat more fruit which I've been really lacking lately. Still dating, which has not amounted to much but has been amusing. I actually have two dates today so we'll see how that goes. LOL

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-23-2009 - 9:57pm
Two dates in one day - you go girl! AND on Week 6 of the running - you rock Miranda! Congrats on the weight loss too! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 11:44am

Well last night I had blueberry pie and white wine for dinner - so I'm not exactly rocking the WHOLE week! LOL It was so hot out last night, and when I got home I found that Matt's friends had been in the house coming in through the kitchen window, so I had to call the police. Sighhhh. So I didn't want to disturb anything so I grabbed a glass of wine and went out and read on my patio.

BUT I did do day 3 of week 6 running which meant that I ran for a full 25 minutes - and I did 4 Km!! Whoo hoo!! I found a race in the middle of August I'd like to register for, so am hoping to do that today and I should be ready to run the full 5K by then. Yippee!

Pages