Welcome to the new format...

iVillage Member
Welcome to the new format...
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:57am
Please bear with Jean and I while we too learn how this new thing works. Take some time to set up a profile. Let us know if you have questions!

Alana

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:52am
Deb,

Have you considered sending that to Muscle and Fitness Her's or Shape for the inspirations page or even the weight watchers marketing folks? Seriously. I think you should do it. If you want, and I'm not saying I'm great just an extra pair of eyes, you can flesh it up a bit and run it past me in private for a fast "critique" and I'll get you the name and number of who to send it to and help you write a cover letter for it (I do know the regional managers for weight watchers out here, her daughter is in scouts with mine). It is a hard industry (writing) but you have some good things to say that may help others...

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:18am
I love your story, Deb! Your site looks good, too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:49pm
You're right! It's fine--it gave me the impulse to create my own website which I've now linked to my new profile. Ha ha..I feel like such a techie!

Deb

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:14am
This is going to take some getting used to. I think a lot of ways this is an improvement over the other format (I like that we can choose who accesses our profile by creating a friends list), but I can see some things I'm not going to be crazy about.
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:22am
Uploadable avatars (the image under your name) are only available to leaders and managers. As far as I know, there's no way to put pictures in your profile, but you can add links to personal websites. The new profiles don't support HTML either!

Still adjusting over here too!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:19am
in replies there is ONLY text, that's why if the message is short it's good to put an "(nt)" - for instance in your reply to me, there was nothing in your message beyond what showed up in the outline view, but if you had put a (nt) or a (nm) at the end of your message, i would have known not to bother to open up your message. it's just a suggestion that we learned yesterday on the other board, because it can get irritating if you spend a lot of time opening up messages just to find that there is nothing further in the text.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:15am
You need to type something in the text if it is a reply that's all!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:08am
suggestion on new board that i learned yesterday....since replies don't have subject headings, when you are using outline view (which i do) the first part of the message is the heading...well, yesterday i got frustrated because sometimes you'd click on a message just to find there was only one word not visible on outline view - it was a situation in which we would have used a "(nt)" on the old board. so we decided over on vegetarian living, to use a (nt) anyway, if your message is short enough that there isn't anything that doesn't show up on the outline view. does that make sense?
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:38am
I don't think general members can do that now... I will ask my boss!

Alana

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:36am
How do I add a picture by my name and to my profile?

Thanks

Deb

Pages