i'm leading a warm up today!

iVillage Member
i'm leading a warm up today!
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:25am
it will be my first time in front of a real class! i'm going to do the warm up in my favorite step class tonight. (but not on the step, haven't learned that yet!) i'm super scared, especially because i don't feel prepared. i hope i have time today to prepare some more. YIKES!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:34am
Good for you.... sorry about the "NT" thing I wasn't using the outline view but now I know what you are talking about. Good luck, you will do fine.

Alana

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:07am
You'll do just fine. It'll be over in no time flat & you'll wish you could have done more. Just remember to keep it simple, be loud & enjoy yourself.
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:55am
Cool--I'm sure you'll do great! (nt)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:53am
Sending you good vibes and happy karma! You'll do great, no worries. New things can be intimidating and it always seems scary when they involve being in front of others, but I'm sure you are perfectly ready. Don't listen to the doubts in your head, listen to the courage and excitement in your heart!

Let us know how it goes!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:09pm
i did it!! it went pretty well. the step teacher was really nice about it, she made a speech about how everyone should be really nice to me and how it's much harder than it looks, etc. etc. i messed up my cueing at one part, but it wasn't a huge deal, i just had everyone march it out for a sec then picked up where i was. i was really freaking out during most of it though, i get SO scared about getting up in front of people like that - soleilune, you were totally right, the few parts where i stopped totally freaking out i really enjoyed it! but on the other hand, i learned that it's very hard to do a lunge/pelvic curl while your legs are shaking. i'm going to wake up early (hopefully) tomorrow to do the warm up during my instructing instructor's (the woman who's training me) 6 am step class. i also am getting a body fat test tomorrow - i just hope that it's lower than last time (23.3%), even if it's just a little lower i'll be happy.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:03am
That's wonderful. I knew you'd do well. As for flubbing the cueing - it happens, even to those of us who've been doing it forever. Nobody expects perfection, just a confident, outgoing instructor that knows what she's doing & cares about her participants wants & needs. I regularly get tongue tied (not nervousness, just how I am) & nobody thinks less of me for it & it doesn't ruin me as an instructor. You'll be even better next time. The first time is always the worst.
Soleilune