driven II: your fav car you've ever had?

iVillage Member
driven II: your fav car you've ever had?
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:54am
mine was a geo metro convertible - SO cute, so cheap, and got such good gas mileage. i loved it, but it wasn't practical - it was a two seater, would not go over 50 miles per hour, and it was like a little death trap with all the suv's on the road (plus, no roll bar!). i was so sad to get rid of it, even though i love my cabrio too. but i did get more for it than i paid for it - they are pretty rare and people actually collect them!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:34am
Since I am only on car numero dos that would be my current Honda Civic LX 4 door color? purple of course (magentic plum pearl)

Alana

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:51am
My old VW cabriolet. I got rid of it for the same reason you got rid of your metro--all the big SUVs out there. I had it with both kids, then saw a show w/ an SUV rearending a compact car at 30 mph and the cabriolet had no trunk to absorb impact. That's when I joined the huge car contingent.:-(

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:32am
OOh, i like purple! my current car (2000 vw cabrio) is a really pretty color...it's blue, but depending on the angle you view it from the paint ranges from midnight blue to dark purpley blue. or at least it used to when the paint was newer and cleaner - it hasn't been washed in a while so i don't know how bad my paint job is these days. i really need to get it washed and waxed.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:49am
Funny, I hated our VW Cabrio. The word lemon comes to mind, it should have been yellow, not blue!

My favorite car would have to be the Nissan Pathfinder my hubby had when we met (early 90's, two door model). It was a custom so it had only the front seats and all this extra room for camping/fishing stuff. Very nice ride.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press