Complimenting other women...

iVillage Member
Complimenting other women...
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:35pm
I've already talked about checking out other women when they look great. There was a women who had the most amazing abs today. You could cleary see her six pack. I told her, as did another woman, that she had great abs. I was thinking, you'd never see a guy do that to another man, huh? And, if a guy did do that, the other guy would probably get out of that area quickly! I will also point out someone to a friend if I think that person looks great (female AND male--some good looking Argentinian ski instructors there this weekend!). I'm sure guys don't do that about other guys. I wonder why. Jerry Seinfeld was really funny about that--he said, "Look at us guys, we're pretty ugly."

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:47pm
maybe i run with a more sensitive crowd, but my guy friends compliment each other on their physiques. but i'm sure a lot of guys think that they will seem homosexual if they compliment another guy. i guess vegan guys figure they are going to be labelled as sissies anyhow so they don't worry about it! (even though there a few of them that nobody would dare call sissies to their faces - they are seriously built!)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:22pm
My boyfriend will tell me when he sees a guy with a nice body, just like I tell him when I see a girl with one (usually he sees her first though). If men are secure in their manhood and sexuality there is no reason to feel akward about apreciating a well toned body male or female.

Just MHO!

Alana

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:55pm
LOL, I guess there is a slight difference between the military crowd and the vegan crowd, at least stereotypically!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:56pm
Maybe it's just the guys I know...(nt)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:04pm
yep! but we have the military vegans (there are quite a few!) to help bridge the gap! (nt)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:07pm
Hmm, I'm still looking for the liberal military guys! I was wondering if there were any sensitive military vegan guys when I posted that. Glad there are!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:28pm
well i don't know how sensitive or liberal they necessarily are, but it's all relative! (nt)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:52pm
I just choked on my water. Sensitive, vegan military guys? What have you been drinking and may I please have some? ROFLMBO

Ok, I'll admit that dh is pretty sensitive and comfortable with his sexuality, he will give compliments where they are due. Of course, it has taken me 14 years to train him and he is in the Navy, not the Marines. But, the rest of the guys I know? Not in a million years. They are just figuring out that it hurts less if they pick their knuckles up off the ground before they start to walk. Seriously, the testosterone brigade that frequents our gym spend all their time scowling and grumbling, at least at eachother. Then again, to a man they are all supportive and complimentary to women in the gym. Except of course the female marines, they just frown at them.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:19pm
ROTFL, I can't stop laughing about the picking up the knuckles! My husband is much more sensitive than he was 12 or so years ago when I first met him, but he has never complimented another guy on his appearance. At the same time, I'm the one who points women out to him so maybe he's just oblivious to the world!

What, you don't have sensitive, liberal vegan guys in the Navy??? We're just SWARMING with them in the Coast Guard!