OT: Profiles

iVillage Member
OT: Profiles
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:53am
I was nosing around in some of y'all's profiles yesterday & noticed a suprising number of us are Aquarians. Hmmm... I'd speculate on astrology's influence on health/fitness, but HH is Aquarian too & he has no interest in any physical activity that doesn't involve a golf club (or...well...me >blush<). Jean, I also noticed you & I have a common affinity for quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt. Not that any of this has anything to do with anything, I was just musing aloud (so to speak).

Take care.

Soleilune
iVillage Member
In reply to: soleilune
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:31am
I was wondering if Aquarians like working out and chatting, too. I do calligraphy so I'm always collecting quotes and find a lot of good ones from Eleanor Roosevelt. Another favorite of mine is:

Great minds talk about ideas. Mediocre minds talk about events. Weak minds talk about people."

~Eleanor Roosevelt~

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:31am
I think Aquarians attract other aquarians... case in point, My mother and father are both aquarians, I am one, my mom's best friend is one, many of my cousins are...

My bf is compatable as an aries and my best friend is my complete opposite as a LEO!

Alana

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:40am
Somewhere I have a whole list of her quotes. Another of my faves: Beautiful young people are an accident of nature, beautiful old people are a work of art. (My apologies to the late Mrs. Roosevelt if I've forgotten the exact wording.)

In another strange coincidence, I used to do calligraphy as well, but arthritis has made it awkward. Oh, well. There's lot of other fun, creative things for me to amuse myself with.

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:00am
I had noticed that too and was going to comment. Rather strange and somewhat scary. You know, I read a compatibility horoscope once that said that Aquarians teamed up together are an unstoppable force. I can SOOOOOOO see that here!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:17pm
not an aquarian, but i did notice a lot of similarities in our profiles, particularly in "the best advice we ever got" - many of you choose what i basically consider another wording of the best advice i got or put down other advice that was also among the best advice i ever got -- despite our diversity we all seem to have a very similar outlook on life. i also noticed today that our highs and lows seem to follow each others - a couple weeks ago a lot of us were kinda low, but this week we are having all kinds of highs - jean with her skiing weekend, me with teaching and push ups/chinups, kiervin with finishing school and pullups, etc. etc., it seems like almost everyone is really up this week. i think we really feed off each other.

so while i'm being mushy i'll say that i really love this board and totally appreciate you guys, the feeling here is unlike any other internet community i've experienced - it's really more like a group of girlfriends.